Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Guided Generational Legacy Challenge

This is a WIP challenge inspired by the Generation Challenge, which hasn't been updated since 2015 and the creator doesn't seem active. The original creator was inspired by Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, so you will inevitably see some things that are familiar from it. I haven't worked everything out yet, but I'm posting my progress so far. Last updated 6/25/18

GAMEPLAY SETUP

When starting the Generations Challenge it is best to start out by making a new world, if you put your Founder in a town with other pre-made sims you can’t play the other sims in that world. You do this by clicking the + at the top of the startup screen in the Sims 4.
Your journey begins in Create a Sim (CAS). Here you begin making your sim. Do whatever you want, the only restrictions are it has to be a young adult and the only sim in the household. Feel free to pick any traits you want, but remember genetics aren't the only thing passed down from generation from generation.
Once you finish up in CAS then you move on to the next part, moving in. Start by picking an empty 30x20 lot. This is not your forever home, you will be assigned to move later in the game (optional). It should cost your sim 2,000 simoleons.
Now after all that is decided you must pick your Heir Factors. The Heir Factors decides who will be the one to continue the family into the next generation. Once you pick these you can’t go back. These are based off the Legacy Challenges Succession Laws.
HEIR RULES

• Female Only- Females can only be heirs unless there are no living female children.
• Male Only- Males can only be heirs unless there are no living male children.
• Alternating- Going male, female, till the end of the game.
• Equality- Heirs can be either male or female.
Blood
• Blood Relation- Direct descendant of the parents unless there are no living blood relation children.
• Adopted Only- Only adopted children can be heirs, unless there are no living adopted children.
• Equality- Adopted or blood related sims can be heirs.
Misc. Heir Rules
• First Born- The first-born child is the heir.
• Youngest- The youngest child is the heir.
• Friendship- The highest friendship with the parent is the heir.
• Pool- All eligible children are randomly drawn to be the heir.

CHALLENGE RULES

• No restarting after a bad event. Quitting after a bad event also gets rid of all the good ones. See how you can fix the mistakes!
• No cheats/mods that make give you an unfair advantage. It ruins the fun and also makes it not as a challenge as it should be.
• No bringing the dead back, you CAN plead the with the reaper though and have ghosts, but nothing else.
• Anti-aging potion can only be used once per generation.
• You can only have one played household in the world. You can add households in the world for friends, but not spouses.
• You can’t move out the heir CHILD once they are elders you can do whatever you would like with them, but you can move out the spares (kids who aren't heirs).
Spouse
When getting married Sims can bring in money, but not so much that it would be like using cheats. If your spouse has a child when you marry them in, then that child MUST move in with your spouse. If that child moves in as anything younger than a teen, it CAN become an heir if it fits along the guidelines.
After a while the dating pool starts to deplete, and you CAN bring in some households from the gallery or make them in CAS. Use a random trait generator for the traits. The only rule on doing that is it can have no more than 4 sims in the household. If you would like to help with the households upload them with the hashtag #MakeAGeneration.
Children
Children no matter if they are the heir or not, can be introduced into the family through pregnancy or adoption. If a child is adopted they must be an infant. If you are adopting a child their last name must be the same as the family who adopted them. When picking the child's trait and aspiration it must have one similar trait to the mother or father, ex: good trait to charismatic or evil to mean, the two other traits are completely up to you. The aspiration can be anything you believe fit to the child's personality. You MAY NOT influence gender. Any Sim that is abducted by aliens and becomes pregnant has a choice of keeping the child, the child counts as adopted and with whatever your heir rules are may or may not become an heir.

GENERATIONS AND GENERATION CHALLENGES
Generation challenges are the mini-challenges that you must complete before you finish the generation. You must complete at least 4 of the 5 before the original parent of the generation dies AND the heir grows into a young adult. If your heir is the first born you have less time to complete the challenges ahead.
Each generation is a little bit different, from the challenges, to the entire personality of the children in it. The challenges may grow harder or may grow easier. You DO NOT have to do the challenges in order. Do the challenges in order. :smile: With each expansion pack or game pack there will be a replacement generation where you can carry out the challenge with that generation instead of the one originally listed. If you pick to use the replacement generation and still complete the original generation you will only score with the first 10 generations of children.
Generation 1 (Founder)

• Have at least one boy and one girl
  • Have one child reach level 10 skill in two skills before Young Adulthood
  • Be good friends with all your children
  • Throw a house party gold level
  • Reach maximum level in your career

Generation 2

• Get married
  • Have 2 eligible children for heirs
  • Reach maximum level of Writer Career path (either branch)
  • Marry 2 kids out
  • Have at least one enemy and at least two friends

Generation 3

• Reach level 10 in the Criminal Career
  • Reach level 10 in the mischief skill
  • Have an evil child
  • Be disliked by one of your children
  • Be enemies with the Grim Reaper

Generation 4

• Be best friends with the Grim Reaper
  • Have 5 children, including 1 adopted child
  • Move all your kids out other than the heir
  • Throw a party (other than house party) and get a gold medal on it
  • Have 5 good friends

Generation 5
    1. Reach maximum level at the piano and the guitar
    2. Have each kid reach skill level 2 in piano, guitar, or violin
    3. Reach level 10 of the Entertainment Career on the Music Branch
    4. Perform at a party—party must get a gold medal
    5. Move to a bigger lot (optional)
    Generation 6
    1. Complete one collection
    2. Cannot enter a career field—can earn money selling paintings, writing books, gardening, etc.
    3. Have a full house (8 sims)
    4. Visit every world in your game with your sim at least once before they die
    5. Have at least one child achieved their childhood aspiration
    Generation 7
    1. Have two successful romances
    2. Be part of a love triangle
    3. Have each teenage child go out on a date
    4. Have one of your kids cheat on their significant other
    5. Have one of your kids find their soulmate on the first try
    Generation 8
    1. Get the logic skill to level 10
    2. Have at least two kids get on the honor roll
    3. Have 2 of your kids be geniuses
    4. Get 2 skills to level 10 for 3 of your kids
    5. Reach maximum level of astronaut career
    Generation 9
    1. Enter Diamond Agent branch of Secret Agent career
    2. Have your spouse be enter Villain branch of Secret Agent career
    3. Have 2 evil kids and 2 cheerful kids
    4. Have your evil kids get enemies
    5. Have your good kids become friends with 5 or more sims
    Generation 10 (Final Generation)
    1. Have a family reunion with all the living family members
    2. Adopt a child
    3. Have one toddler max all skills
    4. Read 10 books
    5. Marry all your children out
    EXPANSION PACK REPLACEMENT GENERATIONS

Generation 2 Spa Day & Outdoor Retreat Replacement
    1. Reach level 10 wellness skill
    2. Have 2 eligible children for heirs
    3. Complete Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration
    4. Marry 2 kids out
    5. Have at least one enemy and at least two friends
    Generation 3 Vampires Replacement
    1. Max the Vampire Lore skill
    2. Become a vampire and reach Vampire Max Level Grand Master (Note: If you have children after you’re a vampire, you might have vampire children, so keep this in mind when planning children. Having children before becoming a vampire, adopt children, or get cured of Vampirism and then have children if this is an issue for you.)
    3. Have an evil child
    4. Be disliked by one of your children
    5. Be enemies with the Grim Reaper
    Generation 4 City Living Replacement
    1. Be best friends with the Grim Reaper
    2. Attend all 5 festivals and complete their associated activities
    3. Move all your kids out other than the heir
    4. Reach top of Political career—either branch
    5. Have 5 good friends
    Generation 5 Get Together Replacement
    1. Reach maximum level in two music-related skills—piano, violin, guitar, DJ mixing, dancing, pipe organ (Vampires pack), or Singing (City living)
    2. Have each kid reach skill level 2 in piano, guitar, or violin
    3. Start a club and earn all club perks
    4. Perform at a party—party must get a gold medal
    5. Move to a bigger lot (optional)
    Generation 6 Seasons Replacement
    1. Complete one collection
    2. Buy and befriend Patchy the Strawman
    3. Have a full house (8 sims)
    4. Visit every world in your game with your sim at least once before they die
    5. Reach level 5 in the Gardener career and choose whether to enter the Florist or Botanist branch
    Generation 7 Cats & Dogs Replacement
    1. Reach pet training level 5
    2. Have a dog run an obstacle course without any mistakes
    3. Have two successful romances
    4. Be part of a love triangle
    5. Have each teenage child go out on a date
    Generation 8 Jungle Adventure Replacement
    1. Get the archeology skill to level 10
    2. Have at least two kids get on the honor roll
    3. Have 2 of your kids be geniuses
    4. Get 2 skills to level 10 for 3 of your kids
    5. Find and clear at least one temple
    Generation 9 Get to Work Replacement (w/ Dine Out options)
    1. Own a retail store or restaurant
    2. Make 60,000 from your retail store or restaurant
    3. Have an alien child
    4. Be friends with an alien
    5. Have 2 evil kids and 2 cheerful kids
    Generation 10 Parenthood Replacement
    1. Have a family reunion with all the living family members
    2. Have at least one positive and one negative character value earned by children (can be earned by the same child or two different children)
    3. Have one toddler max all skills
    4. Read 10 books
    5. Marry all your children out
    END OF CHALLENGE

Once your reach generation 10 you can continue the generations for as long as you wish, but only score on the first 10 generations. There are six good categories. Also, there is one penalty category which you can lose points up to 40. Scores can be found out by adding up your points from each category below. EVERY HEIR INCLUDES THE FOUNDER AS WELL.
    SCORING

Generation Challenges
    • 15 points for completing ⅘ of the challenges for each generation
    • 2 points for completing ½ of the generations challenges completely
    • 3 points completing all the challenges for each generation
    Love
    • 1 point for each child married out of the house
    • 5 points for every heir reaching soul mate with their spouses
    • 10 points for being best friends with all the heirs
    Family
    • 10 points for being friends with your family
    • 5 points for having your heir be friends with at least 1 of their siblings every generation
    Popularity
    • 10 points per heir having 2+ friends
    • 5 points for throwing every type of party gold level at least once
    • 5 points for having a best friend for every heir
    Creativity
    • 5 points for having one family member for every generation be level 5 or higher for one creative skill
    • 3 points for writing a song/publishing a book/making a painting on the highest quality level it can be
    • 7 points for having 2 generations be creatively inclined
    • 5 points for reaching maximum level on one of the following jobs Entertainer, Writer, Culinary, or Painter jobs (either branch is fine)
    Fitness
    • 5 points for having one sim go from fat to skinny
    • 5 points for becoming the strongest you can be
    • 10 points for reaching maximum skill level for three sims
    Brain Power
    • 10 points for having one child per generation get on the A honor roll
    • 5 points for getting the logic skill to maximum level
    • 5 points for reaching level in the astronaut profession
    PENALTIES

• -15 points for a child dying before they become a young adult
    • -5 points for a child to be taken away by the social services
    • -3 points when you get your power or plumbing being shut off
    • -17 points if you heir dies before they can continue the generation

Once you add up all your points you can post your score on the thread and I’ll add you to the leader board. Good luck! Please if you make an LP or blog post a comment on every post/video on where to find this. Thank you!
      IllusoryThrall
      Seasoned Newcomer
      I wonder.. couldn't you also do this as a 20 generation challenge? If you had all the expansion packs, that is...
    • I used this generator to generate traits, aspiration, and career for my starter sim Fiona Graff. She will be the founder of my legacy for this challenge.

Traits: Dance Machine, Vegetarian, Jealous
      Aspiration: Master Mixologist
      Career: Athlete

Fiona was scouted in high school to be a professional back up dancer, but an injury put her out of the industry for good before her 19th birthday. Now she works in the fitness and athletic industry mostly coaching and training.

Apparently, thunderstorms are so scary she cries and eats at the same time.

Fiona makes friends at the gym by busting out some cool moves like this one right here. :D

After meeting Brent and Brant and realizing they were married to each other and not on the market, Fiona struck out with at least three other men who were already taken. :o Then she met this guy right here, whose name might be Brad, and they went on their first date at an outdoor vegan restaurant where they ended up rained out and this random lady got struck by lightning.

• "IllusoryThrall;c-16567882" wrote:
      I wonder.. couldn't you also do this as a 20 generation challenge? If you had all the expansion packs, that is...

Yeah. I mean honestly you can do whatever you want. That is the beauty of the Sims. I'm not that fond of the original challenges, to be honest. For me, I want to challenge myself to play parts of the game I don't usually. Things like "reach max career" aren't really that challenging. Also, a lot of people struggle to make it through 10 generations (I never have! :open_mouth: ) so 20 might be far-fetched. I'm hoping the fact that I've incorporated (especially with expansion packs) parts of the game I don't usually spend too much time with, I will stay invested. :) Having a set goal for each generation is motivating to me (I think). I'm still on gen 1 so we'll see!
    • His name was actually Ben. :smile:

After a few more dates, the two eloped annnnd good thing because then they got a little surprise.

Ben says his back is killing him. Fiona face says it all.

Baby time!

And I forgot to take his picture as a baby :# But now he's an angelic toddler! Apparently, Fiona's frowning face runs in the family.
    • Love the idea behind this generational legacy challenge! It really brings a new level of storytelling to The Sims 4. By the way, for anyone looking to enhance their gaming setup or home space, check out plrepairsottawa.ca for great repair services