Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Hotels/Resorts and other Worlds

Hey again everyone!

This might be a bit too early to talk about this, but I believe this might be something for Maxis and EA to contemplate on for a future Game Pack or Expansion. Plus, it is never too early nor too late to share ideas!

After playing Outdoor Retreat and looking into Jungle Adventure, I thought about The Sims 3 World Adventures and Island Paradise.
I always like constructing and managing my own resorts.
I often place Restaurants in my Hotels from the Business as Usual Bistro Store Content and some Relaxation/Spa stuff from Sunlit Tides.
Since we got The Sims 4 Spa Day and Dine Out, it would be great to open up some Hotels with the content from those Game Packs.
Plus, with Get to Work, we can open up Gift Shops in our Hotels!

Plus, we can implement multiple themes and traits for our Hotels! Want an Ultra Modern right in the City 5 Star Hotel? How about a Tropical Resort? Or you would like a Vintage, Run Down, Haunted Hotel inspired by Room 1408? You can build that! And more!

Plus, this is just an estimation, but I'm assuming that we might see more World/Travel themed Game Packs in the future. I personally wouldn't mind and like to give these new Game Packs a try. That is if my estimation is correct.

Like a Game Pack where your Sims can travel to China, France, Central Europe like Romania, Tundras located in places like Alaska or Russia or nordic places like Norway or Finland, and places like Egypt and the Middle East.

This could give us a chance to open up/construct a Museum of World History! Where we have Relics from Jungle Adventures to onward displayed and given information for sims to read about as they admire the ancient relics/artifacts.

Like During the Era of Admiral Landgraab or Princess Cordelia, Dr. Oswald D. Famed wrote a manuscript about the Sim Anatomy. This page that was salvaged informs us on the Sim Heart. Some say that Dr. D. Famed had help from the first Count Vladislaus Straud on this specific page. Nothing else remains of the manuscript nor about Dr. D. Famed, but legends tell that the manuscript once had instructions on how to brew an elixir that turns old sims back into young sims. Those are just stories though...

So what are your thoughts? Do you agree with these ideas?

Thank you for reading this post.

• "Sim_Man17;d-945558" wrote:
    Like a Game Pack where your Sims can travel to China, France, Central Europe like Romania, Tundras located in places like Alaska or Russia or nordic places like Norway or Finland, and places like Egypt and the Middle East.

I don't want places like that to be treated as exotic destinations. I want them to be homeworlds.

I don't agree with all of your ideas.
    I want to be able to build hotels and B&B's in all/any worlds. I don't want special destination worlds, and I want more diverse worlds as homeworlds.
  • "Movotti;c-16644134" wrote:
    "Sim_Man17;d-945558" wrote:

I don't want places like that to be treated as exotic destinations. I want them to be homeworlds.

I want to be able to build hotels and B&B's in all/any worlds. I don't want special destination worlds, and I want more diverse worlds as homeworlds.

I saw Iron Seagull posted a video recently talking about a Tropical World; he put forward the idea of a destination world where you can build up enough visa points to one day be able to live there - something like this I wouldn't mind, because it means I can treat it as a far off destination if I want, but if I really like it enough, I can work towards being able to live there permanently.
  • I would love some new worlds and resorts.
    While I love home worlds, I also would like something for sims to work for. No use being a Millionaire if there isn't anything you can do to display your wealth outside of the home.

Right now, rich and poor sims can pretty much look alike, dress alike and socialize alike.

There should be some that are really exclusive. It could be that you can only go by invite and have to smooze with rich sims to even know the place exists.

Besides visiting hotels and relaxing at the beach, there should be some of the best fishing spots. There should be some places to eat and some that are very expensive. Then maybe one bar or joint that has a bouncer and you can't just walk in there, you have to have connections. Then there could be other less expensive places to eat and maybe a place that doesn't have that great of an atmosphere, but has a budding chef that can give anyone some competition.

There should be souvenier shops and places to get clothing that you can only get from going there. I don't like how any sim can just wear anything, so I think there should be clothing that is special and other sims recognize it.

I want ballroom dancing too. A lot of movies feature a dancing scene and it is so romantic when all the women are dressed in beautiful gowns and the men also know how to dance, which proves they are refined and educated. Of course, some sims will have to learn to do it. They can just watch if they are nervous and even just watching would build some skill. I don't imagine I would ever be able to ballroom dance in real life. I would feel very fat and awkward, and yet I think even big people are beautiful if they can move gracefully, and there are always some corsets for fitting into that dress that is just a bit too small. Then the bilious layers can hide your big butt!

Some moodlets you could get from dancing would be Dizzy, Feel Awkward, or Tense. Then there could be "Center of Attention" "Refined" and "Belle of the Ball".

There could be deep sea fishing where you take an excursion out to fish and then bring in your catch. They can cook your food fresh on the beach for you, let you sell it or mount it.

There should be beautiful hiking trails with vistas for taking pictures or being inspired to paint.

There could be some of the most advanced rocket scientists and logical sims hanging out on a lot where you can level up and learn a lot.

There could be a museum or library with old books you have never read and maybe a new skill to learn if you search in the archives.
    What sort of skill would you like? It would be sort of something old, but interesting.

If you used a computer or phone from this resort world, others would know you are there. You would be able to be a bit smug about it. Maybe you could hold up your phone and live stream some of the beautiful visitas, land marks, or just whatever was going on around you.

You could get a tour of a rich sims house and some juicy gossip or a heartbreaking story of lost love or a rags to riches story.

You could go on some sort of scavenger hunt, collecting things and exploring the world. You could go on some sort of group tour where you will want to visit all the landmarks on the list, if you can. It can be things like statues, a boat or ship, a rocket, an ancient rock formation, a unique building, a fountain and things like that. What else do you like?

There could be beach combing and metal detecting on the beach. You could also help collect trash, guard sea turtle eggs, rescue a dolphin from a net, turn sand dollars back over or put starfish back into the sea. There could be little tide pools where interesting creatures are. You could collect crabs, mussels and edible seaweed.

I like the idea of guarding the sea turtle eggs and watching them hatch, the little turtles crawling into the sea at night under the moon. Also, people sometimes see live sand dollars and play with them, but they have these wiggly leg things on one side. So if you pick it up, you have to put it legs down or it will die. So if you see one like that, you turn it over because it can't turn itself back over.

You can make your own sushi from ingredients you find or stop by a sushi bar. Try some wasabi, but expect it to go to your head. It really clears the sinuses if you are sick too.

Maybe you can find a castaway sim who washed up and needs some help. This could be a rabbit hole secret location and you can practice your survival skills with him or just bring him some food and stuff and hang out.

• "the_greenplumbob;c-16644775" wrote:
    "Movotti;c-16644134" wrote:
    "Sim_Man17;d-945558" wrote:

I saw Iron Seagull posted a video recently talking about a Tropical World; he put forward the idea of a destination world where you can build up enough visa points to one day be able to live there - something like this I wouldn't mind, because it means I can treat it as a far off destination if I want, but if I really like it enough, I can work towards being able to live there permanently.

Interesting concept, but it still makes other places 'exotic destinations'.

Why don't they switch things around. Make all the non-US themed worlds as the homeworlds, and the US themed worlds as the exotic destinations? It'd make for a nice change.
  • "knitsybitsy;c-16645027" wrote:
    I would love some new worlds and resorts.
    While I love home worlds, I also would like something for sims to work for. No use being a Millionaire if there isn't anything you can do to display your wealth outside of the home.

Right now, rich and poor sims can pretty much look alike, dress alike and socialize alike.

There should be some that are really exclusive. It could be that you can only go by invite and have to smooze with rich sims to even know the place exists.

Besides visiting hotels and relaxing at the beach, there should be some of the best fishing spots. There should be some places to eat and some that are very expensive. Then maybe one bar or joint that has a bouncer and you can't just walk in there, you have to have connections. Then there could be other less expensive places to eat and maybe a place that doesn't have that great of an atmosphere, but has a budding chef that can give anyone some competition.

There should be souvenier shops and places to get clothing that you can only get from going there. I don't like how any sim can just wear anything, so I think there should be clothing that is special and other sims recognize it.

This has been one of my greatest dissatisfaction in gameplay. Clothing could be bought in cas with my Sim’s money rather than them just being able to wear anything. It’s so unrealistic right now. How come we have to move into crappy homes at the beginning of our legacy yet can wear whatever we want?

I want ballroom dancing too. A lot of movies feature a dancing scene and it is so romantic when all the women are dressed in beautiful gowns and the men also know how to dance, which proves they are refined and educated. Of course, some sims will have to learn to do it. They can just watch if they are nervous and even just watching would build some skill. I don't imagine I would ever be able to ballroom dance in real life. I would feel very fat and awkward, and yet I think even big people are beautiful if they can move gracefully, and there are always some corsets for fitting into that dress that is just a bit too small. Then the bilious layers can hide your big butt!

Some moodlets you could get from dancing would be Dizzy, Feel Awkward, or Tense. Then there could be "Center of Attention" "Refined" and "Belle of the Ball".

There could be deep sea fishing where you take an excursion out to fish and then bring in your catch. They can cook your food fresh on the beach for you, let you sell it or mount it.

There should be beautiful hiking trails with vistas for taking pictures or being inspired to paint.

There could be some of the most advanced rocket scientists and logical sims hanging out on a lot where you can level up and learn a lot.

There could be a museum or library with old books you have never read and maybe a new skill to learn if you search in the archives.
    What sort of skill would you like? It would be sort of something old, but interesting.

If you used a computer or phone from this resort world, others would know you are there. You would be able to be a bit smug about it. Maybe you could hold up your phone and live stream some of the beautiful visitas, land marks, or just whatever was going on around you.

You could get a tour of a rich sims house and some juicy gossip or a heartbreaking story of lost love or a rags to riches story.

You could go on some sort of scavenger hunt, collecting things and exploring the world. You could go on some sort of group tour where you will want to visit all the landmarks on the list, if you can. It can be things like statues, a boat or ship, a rocket, an ancient rock formation, a unique building, a fountain and things like that. What else do you like?

There could be beach combing and metal detecting on the beach. You could also help collect trash, guard sea turtle eggs, rescue a dolphin from a net, turn sand dollars back over or put starfish back into the sea. There could be little tide pools where interesting creatures are. You could collect crabs, mussels and edible seaweed.

I like the idea of guarding the sea turtle eggs and watching them hatch, the little turtles crawling into the sea at night under the moon. Also, people sometimes see live sand dollars and play with them, but they have these wiggly leg things on one side. So if you pick it up, you have to put it legs down or it will die. So if you see one like that, you turn it over because it can't turn itself back over.

You can make your own sushi from ingredients you find or stop by a sushi bar. Try some wasabi, but expect it to go to your head. It really clears the sinuses if you are sick too.

Maybe you can find a castaway sim who washed up and needs some help. This could be a rabbit hole secret location and you can practice your survival skills with him or just bring him some food and stuff and hang out.

So essentially, there is so much more to do with gameplay then what we have now. The only problem I see with some of this is, that it goes into the gray area where the Sims is no longer a storytelling tool, but instead a regular old roleplay game. I don’t think I mind though.
  • Sorry, meant to gray in your quote. I’d like to add, with the short length of our Sims ages, I don’t think most of this is possible. It’s hard to extensively skill build and cultivate snobby relationships unless you have automatic aging disabled.