Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
4 years ago

Lumberjack kit

New gameplay:

Woodchopping: to fill the fireplace, off-the-grid stove, bonfire pits or barbecue grills, Sims must now chop wood like in real life.

For this new gameplay, there will be two new trees, wood harvestables for the first time in the series: pine and eucaliptus. These trees can be harvested for wood, chopping it with an axe to have logs. Trees can grown again in the same stump.

Ecualiptus will require 7 days to beign harvested but it will give more wood than pines, which will require 5 days. The trees can only beign harvested for the family members of the lot.

Each wood comsuming appliance (fireplace, off-the-grid stove, bonfire pit and barbecue grills) will require a certain ammount of wood to beign used. The wood will be consumed and reduced from the total ammount of the appliance and it will not work until it's filled again with wood.

Sims can also buy wood using their phones or computers.

For wood storing, there will be a new shed in two sizes: a normal sized one and a tall one. This shed will be filled with logs and will be based in Get Together's decorative woodshed.

Woodworking table will require the wood from the shed. Howver, furniture maded with the woodworking table can be salvaged into wood.

This gameplay can be deactivated in Pack Options, like Bust The Dust.

New activity:

Axe throwing from The Sims 2 Bon Voyage will returns as a outdoor activity.

Kit objects list (buy mode only):

• Woodcutting axe: used to chop trees. It will need to be stored in the Sim inventory to be used. Also can be placed in a stump or supported in the wall.
  • Woodshed (normal size): used to store wood.
  • Woodshed (large size): used to store wood.
  • Stump: decorative stump to place an axe.
  • Eucaliptus tree: slow growing tree but with a large ammount of wood to harvest.
  • Pine tree: quick growing tree but with less ammount of wood to harvest.
  • Axe throwing target: new outdoor activity from TS2 Bon Voyage.
  • Wall hanged large axe: decorative wall object.
  • Wall hanged hand axe: decorative wall object
  • Rustic cutting board: decorative wall object

10 objects vs 22 (Courtyard Oasis ) vs 5 (Bust The Dust) vs 15 (Country Kitchen)
    • I mentioned an idea for having an axe and growing trees and forests for wood. I like this idea. Not sure if they would use wood sheds, though- they didn't give us a place to store non-hachable eggs yet (unless I missed something). Off-the-grid living and other wood carving items would benefit from this! Wonder if more things to craft would come from this?
      Mk_2790
      New Spectator
      "Gamer_34567544;c-17962285" wrote:
      Not sure if they would use wood sheds, though- they didn't give us a place to store non-hachable eggs yet (unless I missed something)

For now, only using mods. I think Ravasheen or BrazenLotus released a mod to store items in objects like the bread box from Country Kitchen kit. If a update of Cottage Living is released, I think there should be a egg storage item, like this one:

https://i.etsystatic.com/19073706/d/il/f754e7/2992414663/il_340x270.2992414663_6s3k.jpg