Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Manually open/close doors

I want to be able to select if I want a given door to be opened or closed. I want it to be implemented in the same way you can start a chemical reaction with the school project volcano or select next song / turn off on a radio/speaker; with the little orange dot.

Why? I feel like it's realistic, and as a bonus it would be great for screenshots. Imagine being able to open the terrace door in the summer, or have a door from the hall to the living room always be open (like in my childhood home) to create a more welcoming / not closed of environment. Also, maybe your sim is the type of person who just never closes the doors, not even to the bathroom?

It could also be fun to be able to choose the angle of the door. 45 degrees, about 90 degrees (like it is now when you sims open a door), 135 or about 180 (all the way open, touching the wall). An opening / closing animation would be a nice detail.
  • Add windows to that list, too. Like seeing the wind come through an open window and spill everything off a near by desk. I can only hope for this in future games.