Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Medieval Save File?

This is a very specific request, and I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but feel free to move it.

So I used to play a lot of historical & fantasy oriented playthroughs in Sims 3, especially in Dragon Valley, Moonlight Falls and Midnight Hollow. However, that's not as easy in the Sims 4 because as many others have pointed out, there's been a severe lack of that kind of content up until now with the exception of the Vampires pack, and some elements of Windenburg. To top it all off there's no Create A World tool.

I really want to play the Royal Kingdom Challenge and just try to ignore the modern gameplay elements to the best of my abilities.

I was wondering, does anyone know of any world revamps/custom save files where anyone has replaced all the lots with medieval style builds and more historic looking townies? I know technically I could do this myself with worlds from the gallery, it's more the townies I'd struggle with. There's a few on the gallery but not a lot.

If not, I thought it'd be a nice project for some of us to collaborate on a medieval save file for historical gameplay. I am abysmal at building but I pride myself on being quite resourceful in CAS and can try to create more historical looking sims using what we have without CC. Would anyone be up for this?
  • I'm pretty useless at building and CAS overwhelms me so I can't contribute much but my enthusiasm and excitement aha, but it's a really cool idea! ^^

I had always planned on attempting to produce a save file where each world was inspired by a different decade of history, something that both historical players and historical based legacy challenges could use, but see above for the reason that's yet to become reality aha
  • Hi everyone,
    I don't know if you're still working on this, but last year I actually spent some time collecting lots and townies to create a medieval neighborhood (Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay). I checked out some stuff from other simmers and altered it to fit my way of gaming.

But I mostly used cc-clothing and some cc-objects for essential furniture (toilet, oven, crib etc.), so I don't know if this might even help you guys. If not, just ignore me haha

But if you're interested, I highly recommend zx-ta's tumbler (https://zx-ta.tumblr.com/tagged/medieval-cc). She converted lots of stuff from TSM to TS4 and it's really awsome!
    I have a savefile of my game, but I don't know how to upload any pics :#

Anyway, let me know how your project is running! I'd love to help and collaborate with u
  • I know I'm late (by a lot lol) but this honestly sounds like a super cool project and I am totally down for a collab if you're still up for it!

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,088 PostsLatest Activity: 6 hours ago