Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
4 years ago

New jewelry feature - crafting and unique personal heirlooms

Jewelry in CAS is fine for the average stuff that any sim can get. But this game needs unique characters and family stories with just as unique heirlooms, meaning the more exclusive jewelry should be restricted to the sims we decide. NPCs should not show up wearing your 10 generations heirloom necklace, because your sim actually owns the only copy that was ever crafted.

I've previously suggested a CAS feature where we can tag any swatch to a specific sim (would love this for clothes as well, actually), or perhaps tag it "not available to anyone" in cases where your sim owns the only version existing, and those extra swatches should therefore be seen as non-existing. But now I think a new jewelry feature in game mode would work better for this. Each sim could keep their items in a "JEWELRY BOX" object accessible from their personal inventory or from the actual jewelry box object. Each item could also be placed on a surface, allowing for scenes where jewelries are on a makeup table, in a safe (Get famous) or even sold in a store (Get to work). The sim should simply click an item to wear it.
Jewelry could easily be gifted to an heir. Items could probably be used by other household members, too, by gifting them temporarily.

Seeing jewelries as more physical items than they are in CAS, would also make it easy to add a jewelry crafter career/business. Send in your gem or crystal to have your unique item crafted by a jeweler. Or do it yourself on a special workbench. The item could be a simple one-gem thing, or there could be more complex (and expensive) designs requiring certain gems/crystals to be delivered. Crafting jewelries could also be a new home business or retail business, and this all opens for yet another collection in the game - do your sim desire all existing designs? If game developers would like to go totally bananas (literally), jewelers could also use more creative resources for jewelries, such as wood, dried fruits or even dried dog poop - LOL. I'm not really asking for all the weird stuff, basically I want the uniqueness that would be possible through the jewelry box, but it could actually make this feature big enough for a game pack, if variety added.

I have downloaded lots of lovely necklaces, earrings, tiaras and brooches etc from talented CC makers, for my nobles. EA should consider adding more of that stuff, too.
  • I love this idea. As someone who used to make jewellery I’d love for my Sims to make/buy it. If we were to ever get a medieval/royalty pack I’d love to be able to make Crown Jewels/tiaras with gemstones collected. I’d love it if I could make an insane crazy looking alien tiara made with Crandestine or Nitelite, for example.

I’d really love it if we could make our own jewellery store - something that I never quite had the confidence to do IRL. I also think it would be great for family player storytellers (engagement storylines etc)

I really hope this becomes a skill in the future. I never bought the Sims 3 store version because by the time it came out I was kind of done with that game.
    Briana2526
    Seasoned Traveler
    Yes I would love this idea especially since I love jewelry sims making their own and sell it by having a store or on plopsy would be awesome and making your own engagement ring and wedding bands.