Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
3 years ago

Next exclusive pre-order items should have unique gameplay

I think that can be the REAL deal with the pre-order bonus. Items with unique gameplay or new interactions.

Another way can be, like the bicycle from Cottage Living pre-order bonus, items from past packs but this time, with new interactions and moodlets.

For example,

• A vertical planter from Eco Lifestyle but with a unique design (pipe tubes instead wood) and unique harvestables, much like the career reward from TS2. Sims will have a positive moodlet for water saving and eating fresh harvestables.
  • A barbecue grill like the GrillWise from BG but with smoking option. Maybe the drum one from TS2 ("Rocket Heifer Barbeque"). Sims will have a positive moodlet for eating smoked food.
  • A videogame console from City Living with exclusive games from EA. Sims will have a positive moddlet for playing "exclusive games".
  • A ironing board from Laundry Day with the option of clothes ironing but without requiring the SP to iron. Positive moodlet from ironed clothes will make Sims happy for a longest time.
  • A microwave from BG but with the option to cook pop corn without the Movie Hangout machine. Sims will have a positive moodlet for cooking pop corn without spending money in a dedicated item.

alanmichael1
    Seasoned Hotshot
    After the experience with CoL there should never ever be "preorder items" again!
  • "alanmichael1;c-18006625" wrote:
    After the experience with CoL there should never ever be "preorder items" again!

your profile pic is so cool! just had to say :P
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    They should not have any pre-order items. Not with the lack of support that we are getting for larger releases. It's not fair to let players having to deal with bugs just because they don't want to miss out on the pre-order items.

There was a bug from Cottage Living which could ruin your save (the bug which spawned loads of townies), that's not ok to combine with a pre-order offer.

• "logion;c-18006644" wrote:
    They should not have any pre-order items. Not with the lack of support that we are getting for larger releases. It's not fair to let players having to deal with bugs just because they don't want to miss out on the pre-order items.

There was a bug from Cottage Living which could ruin your save (the bug which spawned loads of townies), that's not ok to combine with a pre-order offer.

I agree with the above 100%. Given the amount of bugs in packs on release lately, there should never be another limited time purchase exclusive. The CoL save bloat glitch mentioned by @logion is particularly concerning & it still has not been fixed:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-creating-tons-empty-households-Save-game-bloat-Insane/td-p/10543014/page/38

• "Mak27;d-995325" wrote:
    I think that can be the REAL deal with the pre-order bonus. Items with unique gameplay or new interactions.

Another way can be, like the bicycle from Cottage Living pre-order bonus, items from past packs but this time, with new interactions and moodlets.

For example,

• A vertical planter from Eco Lifestyle but with a unique design (pipe tubes instead wood) and unique harvestables.
    • A barbecue grill like the GrillWise from BG but with smoking option. Maybe the drum one from TS2 ("Rocket Heifer Barbeque").
    • A videogame console from City Living with exclusive games from EA.
    • A ironing board from Laundry Day with the option of clothes ironing but without requiring the SP to iron. Positive moodlet from ironed clothes will make Sims happy for a longest time.
    • A microwave from BG but with the option to cook pop corn without the Movie Hangout machine.

Hi,

I see where your coming from, it would be nice, what have you got sims wise? TS2 OR TS4?
    Mk_2790
    New Spectator
    "Ellierosex;c-18006622" wrote:
    "Mak27;d-995325" wrote:

For example,

• A vertical planter from Eco Lifestyle but with a unique design (pipe tubes instead wood) and unique harvestables.
    • A barbecue grill like the GrillWise from BG but with smoking option. Maybe the drum one from TS2 ("Rocket Heifer Barbeque").
    • A microwave from BG but with the option to cook pop corn without the Movie Hangout machine.

Hi,

I see where your coming from, it would be nice, what have you got sims wise? TS2 OR TS4?

I don't get it...
  • "Mak27;c-18006623" wrote:
    "Ellierosex;c-18006622" wrote:
    "Mak27;d-995325" wrote:

For example,

Hi,

I don't get it...

oh sorry.
    VWoodsong
    Seasoned Observer
    They'd have to be really super extra-special items to entice me to pre-order. Uh... on second thought, I don't think they'd ever realistically be able (or at least likely) to offer enough to entice me to pre-order.