Forum Discussion

Superstara140
Seasoned Novice
10 months ago

Occult Hybrids EP idea

I was thinking about the fact that some people wanted hybrid occults for Sims 4 at least a few years ago. Maybe this could be possible with an expansion pack that has a new main feature where you could combine certain occults together to make hybrids and they will have special perk systems and bonuses. There could even be a few brand new occults never seen before in The Sims series, such as a Minotaur or Centaur, Elves, or the Frankenstein's monster. And if you have previous occult packs like Vampires, Werewolves and Realm of Magic you can combine them with the new hybrid occult tool in CAS. Would this be a silly pack idea or is it interesting instead? I am just thinking this way occult lovers in Sims 4 could FINALLY get way more satisfying new way to play with occult Sims <3
  • I think it could be an interesting theme for a full expansion that goes full into the occult like the supernatural expansion did for Sims 3, but with limitations. Not all combinations would be possible.

Obviously all could be a spellcaster since it's even silly this is listed as supernatural.

But other than this, they could have like a Frankenstein monster that's new, an undead flesh golem of sorts I suppose, with maybe a whole new occult science skill. Your sim could get to take on the role of Dr Frankenstein.

The robot could be revised as well, actually getting different appearances possible, just like the new flesh golem.
    Cyborgs could also become a new possibility, a way to mix robot with some other occult states.
    It could be incompatible with mermaids due to needing water and werewolves due to the transformation, but it could work fine with spellcasters, aliens, vampires and flesh golems.

Werewolves could mix with vampires, they would get some traits from both and when turning they would become sort of a vampire werewolf creature, looking undead with sharper teeth, claws and vampire eye styles, maybe walking like vampires too or a new combined walk.
    Werewolves need actually scary options anyway, I never saw less threatening werewolves in anything else.

A werewolf alien could look like some odd furry alien being, or maybe even not have any fur, like it affects aliens differently.

A vampiric mermaid could be pretty interesting, preferring to swim in the dark and maybe a new coffin filled with water could be available to them as a bed. They could be capable of getting blood from fish while swimming.

• One problem that comes up is the alternative forms.

Alien have disguises, vampires can have dark form, mermaids have mermaid form, and werewolves have beast form.

Alternative forms get into conflict. Needs panel gets messed up.

Hybrids could be an interesting idea indeed, yet execution should be done carefully. For example, The Sims 2, Plantsim Vampires have a fun thing of needing sunlight, but it also hurting.

Could this be done? Yes.
  • Hybrids....

Joking aside, I'm not opposed to the idea, though EgonVM covers the practical reasons why Hybrids are an issue. The multiple forms and the conflicting needs panels cause problems as things stand now, but if they could manage to handle multiple forms (which, I'll admit, I almost hoped for with Werewolves getting a "wolf" form) and expand the needs panel, it could be interesting.

Something that I used to do for a while (I stopped after my computer died from unrelated issues around Cottage Living) was force Spellcaster/Alien hybrids, because Aliens don't have different needs panels and Spellcasters don't have an alternate form. I used them to sub in as Faeries. And there were still some glitches (most notably, there were issues with making changes to both their human disguise and their alien forms. I was able to figure it out, but it required basically going into CAS twice, once from the Sim in question and once from a different sim in the Family and I don't remember which was which.)

I have to admit I don't think they'd do it, because I'm sure there are more things - even more occult things - they'd rather put their efforts into, but I certainly wouldn't say no.
    Magdaleena96
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Not as an expansion pack. No. I'm not paying 400 kr for my occults to pair up and produce hybrid children that are stable and not glitched up. This is much more of a cross-pack compatibility thing.

Which, don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to have. Mixed-occult pairs already exist in countless people's games. Occults have been abducted by aliens, which happened in my game once - it produced a glitched alien-vampire hybrid. Her forms are a mess and bringing her into CAS is risky business.

Sims 2 had occult hybrids. Sims 3 refused to do them, but I guess there's a good NRAAS mod for them.
  • I'm more neutral on the subject. I like the centralized focus on occults in this game, though I would like Spellcaster Vampires. That said, besides the fact that this is very unlikely to happen, if they were going to do anything occult, I'd rather they focus on Fairies and perhaps Genies.

And especially a focus on adding an occult never before seen in TS4, to help give the game more reasons on why you would choose it over its predecessors. I'd love to see the team try their hand at Superheroes, Reapers, or perhaps add Dragons for the people who've been consistently hoping for them. Maybe Android or Cyborg Sims, hey, why not. Maybe give some current occults a refresh. I'd like to see Aliens or Mermaids get something cool.
  • I second @Magdaleena
    I feel like it should be update rather

I think I'm mostly upset about not being able to combine other occult with spellcaster without glitchy mess

and that kids can't learn/use magic
    (since thats like every fantasy movie ever)

both of which could just be update/refresh to RoM

I mean doesn't it just sound off that Greg can't learn magic but Nancy Landgraab can?

and even more so if we have fairies why on earth fairies couldn't learn magic? y know
    or aliens for that matter indeed

it does make sense to me that we have to choose between dark forms but something like using magic really should be available to all occults
    annaliese39
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I would love hybrids! It still bothers me that only spellcasters can learn alchemy. Ideally they would be added as a free update or a pack refresh, but I would probably accept a pack if it added a new occult. Sadly I don't see hybrids being added to TS4 though. My only hope now is we get fairies and they are as good as or even better than our werewolves.