Forum Discussion

meeshwood
Rising Hotshot
4 years ago

Old Survey ideas

I found this article that listed many old surveys

https://extratime.media/2020/09/16/sims-4-future-expansion-packs-content-survey-insights/

I found it pretty interesting. Here are a few of my favorite ideas from surveys past

"University of Magic
Rejoin your fellow wizards in a school specializing in curses, potions and dragonologie. Do you have the skills and dedication necessary to achieve the rank of supreme master dragon, or forsake you and you démunira does one of your powers forever?"

I was really hoping Realm of Magic would be more like Hogwarts. I would love for them to revisit this idea and give us a magic boarding school for kids/teens that we could play and explore and learn magic. And dragonologie of course.

"Amusement park
Enjoy a great day at the amusement park, and try all the fun entertainment and carnival games! Ride the roller coaster of your dreams, and make your Sims live thrills."

Do I want to go to an amusement park in the sims? Umm yesssss.

"Shipwrecked
Your Sim wakes up alone on a deserted island in the heart of the tropics … Use your survival skills to build a makeshift shelter, find food and find a way to help you. Can you escape before the eruption and destruction of the island?"

New fun ways to torture my sim? I'm in! This would be great if after escaping we could build up the island instead of the island being destroyed. I doubt I would get stuck on a deserted island multiple times in the same save file. So okay replay here sucks a little. Or if you could send multiple sims and raise a family and actually live the castaway life.

"Resort
Make the Acquisition and manage your own resort or simply go on vacation! Combine sparkling pools, luxurious thalassotherapy treatments, festive buffets and unique local specialties to create the ideal place."

Hotels- meh, no one wants those

"Cruise ship
Sail the high seas onboard a beautiful cruise ship luxury! Dine at the poolside bar, turn other Sims challenge during a basketball game, or stay in your private cabin and share a romantic moment on the veranda."

I posted about wanting something similar to this once. Exploring the ship and then having set amount of time to explore various ports or go on excursions.

"Water Park
With three slides and unique pool games, eg. volleyball in the water, create a wonderful underwater world that will entertain children and adults."

Can we get beach volleyball too? And hammocks??

• I love shipwrecked, but I desperately pine after a remastered/remade/Sims 4 version of Castaway. Hands down my favorite spin off. I had nearly every version back then, and I have them all now.
    g01denswan
    Rising Spectator
    Amusement parks with carnival games and rides sound good to me. So do running and visiting resorts.
    meeshwood
    Rising Hotshot
    "temporalgod;c-17738152" wrote:
    Didn't they cover Amusement Parks with Journey to Batuu?

You're funny...
    But also no.

I am guessing though that the backlash against Star Wars means my hopes for a Harry Potter pack are pretty unlikely ?‍♀️
    Briana2526
    Seasoned Rookie
    I would like shipwrecked but not like Castaway I want an option to be able to get back to civilization if you want and also the island can be a vacation spot or residential if you decide to stay in think it would be great for game play.
    Briana2526
    Seasoned Rookie
    Also amusement park because that has never been done before.
  • Oh, I would so love the shipwrecked and castaway life! And gathering from the amount of From Rags To Riches playthemes there are, I think it could be well recieved - a little like Civilization, a world building game in the game. And if it were allowed to stay on in the world, and not just be an adventure, what joy. The sims games have tried their hands before on mixing various game genres into the mix.