Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
2 years ago

Please, more 15x20 and add 15x25 and 15x30 lots

I love 15x20 lots, but i think more sizes could work fine.
    meeshwood
    Rising Hotshot
    The problem for me is that we get so few lots with worlds now that I don't want tiny lots. Maybe if they upped the lot numbers from 12 to 15+ it would be less disappointing to see a bunch of small lots.
    If a lot is larger couldn't you still just build on a portion of it? I'm genuinely asking as I don't play with tiny homes so I don't know how that works.
    Tiny apartments would be cool provided they came with a world featuring apartments of other sizes as well.
    I'm on the opposite side wanting more 40×20 and up size lots.
  • "MichelleW;c-18257029" wrote:
    The problem for me is that we get so few lots with worlds now that I don't want tiny lots. Maybe if they upped the lot numbers from 12 to 15+ it would be less disappointing to see a bunch of small lots.
    If a lot is larger couldn't you still just build on a portion of it? I'm genuinely asking as I don't play with tiny homes so I don't know how that works.
    Tiny apartments would be cool provided they came with a world featuring apartments of other sizes as well.
    I'm on the opposite side wanting more 40×20 and up size lots.

Actually it makes no sense to have tiny lots and have them spread out in the neighbourhood. They are great for businesses and ideally would be placed close to each other. So building a tiny business on a large lot makes little sense. It might work for the occasional lot out in the woods, but it doesn't help if you want to create a city vibe with several businesses close by.
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    The problem with building tiny houses on large lots is just that you have this huge, unused space that you could be using for a larger build. And it just looks weird, like the Sim must be a hermit living on this huge lot with no neighbors for miles.

Most of my builds are on the bigger side, so I don't need a ton of tiny lots. It just would be nice to have some. To have that option. They could all be together in a little neighborhood of their own, then bigger lots could populate the rest of the world and I'd be perfectly happy with that.
    meeshwood
    Rising Hotshot
    Okay you all have swayed me, I could definitely see the value in having a neighborhood of small lots all close together. You could have several small shops or a neighborhood of tiny houses, I could see that being useful.
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    I'd also like something smaller for tiny homes, like 15x15.
  • Yeah I feel like most lots are tad too big for what I have in mind and the surroundings never really make sense for the smallest builds

it be nice to have smaller lots and apartments as option

but also as we have so many worlds
    I really feel like if we have more worlds
    they just have to be completely different from ones we have already
    which may or may not align with the small lots and apartments wish

I also wish we could have multipurpose lots so say you could have many small commercial lots in that one big lot and have them all function as you wanted

or yeah be able to build townhomes and apartments to divide lot for yourself