Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Pregnancy and Siblings

When a pregnant Sim tells her partner she’s pregnant, he gets a +2 Happy moodlet because he’s excited to be a father. When she shares the same news with her other children... no moodlet or anything. I’d like to see them get the moodlet as well, because shouldn’t they be excited to have a new sibling?

Yes, I know they get a moodlet after the baby’s born, but shouldn’t they have some sort of reaction to finding out they’re going to be a big sibling soon? Maybe they could even have a chance of getting a negative moodlet if they don’t want a new sibling, like they sometimes do when they meet the new baby.

I also think it’d be cute if children could ask their parents where babies come from - come on, kids are naturally curious. Hearing their parents’ “explanation” could give them a moodlet as well, like:

+1 Playful - if they think it’s silly that they were told babies are brought to the doorstep by a magic llama (come on, it’d totally be a llama instead of a stork)
+1 Happy - they’re happy that they were “educated” on where babies come from (but the moodlet description would suggest they were also given the llama “explanation”)
+1 Sad or Angry - if they were just told to ask again when they’re older
  • I never really thought about that @foxx_fennec I think that would be really cool if they added it though, especially asking the parents where babys come from xD
  • I think it's really strange that they see their parent belly gets huge and don't ask questions, also they should get a moodlet when told about the new baby that's coming.
  • "Dannydanbo;c-16707752" wrote:
    I don't think kids IRL really know what it means to be "expecting" so, I like as it stands.

They may not know exactly how, but kids can definitely understand the idea of a baby being on the way. My brother got that mom's belly growing meant a sibling was on the way at age 3. Obviously kids don't figure it out on their own, but if it's explained to them, they tend to take their parents' word for things.

Anyway, I do think it would be nice if children acknowledged that a baby's on the way.
  • "foxx_fennec;d-947529" wrote:

+1 Playful - if they think it’s silly that they were told babies are brought to the doorstep by a magic llama (come on, it’d totally be a llama instead of a stork)
    +1 Happy - they’re happy that they were “educated” on where babies come from (but the moodlet description would suggest they were also given the llama “explanation”)
    +1 Sad or Angry - if they were just told to ask again when they’re older

This would be SO cute! I’d use this social interaction all the time o:)
    Madamelee
    Seasoned Novice
    kid siblings can at least give toddler sibblings bottles
  • This may be a bit off topic but it's still about family's: When a sim has the "Big Happy Family" aspiration, one of the goals is to have a child get married. But when the child is moved out and gets married, it doesn't complete the goal! I think a lot of people know about this glitch but it still annoys me. This should be fixed!
  • "A_Simmer123;c-16823411" wrote:
    This may be a bit off topic but it's still about family's: When a sim has the "Big Happy Family" aspiration, one of the goals is to have a child get married. But when the child is moved out and gets married, it doesn't complete the goal! I think a lot of people know about this glitch but it still annoys me. This should be fixed!

Yeah, that should definitely be one of those steps that should be able to be completed retroactively. The career one of “Successful Lineage” is like that too.

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,090 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago