Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Realm of Magic - Cemeteries & Tombstones

I wrote about this on another post before, but I do want to go back to the idea of cemeteries.

CEMETERIES:
- Lots filled with tombstones
- Gathering place for 'spooky' creatures thus far (Vampires, ghosts, witches, Grim Reaper, etc.)

GENERIC FUNCTIONALITY - TOMBSTONES:

- Ability to inscribe tombstones
- Maintain tombstone data when uploaded to the gallery (IE: the ghost Sim attached to a tombstone is downloaded from the Gallery when you download a cemetery or lot with the tombstone on it)

And that's pretty much it ... this is something I've wanted for a while. I think it adds a lot to the storytelling aspect of the game. Something I want to see in The Sims are more storytelling aspects that can be shared amongst users. So if I create a cemetery lot with 20 tombstones, I think it would be really cool to have ghost Sims and a little synopsis of their backstory inscribed on the tombstone. So if I created a Sim on the gallery that I have played through, I think it would be cool to reference the Sim in another lot that I created.

This would be more immersive for users. Imagine having a house that is uploaded to the gallery, and a separate Sims household that is also uploaded ... a user could play through the lineage of that Sims household, creating tombstones for the grandmother/grandfather, or other ancestors, and having them be attached to the lot where players can invoke the ghost if they so choose, or read through the tombstones as a little easter egg.

This also brings into view the broader idea of users being able to attach households directly to lots that are uploaded into the Gallery.
  • I kind of like that ghosts go into tombstones as their "house", kind of like a genie lamp or something. But I also think ghosts function way too much like normal Sims in TS4...
  • I hope they fix the ghosts to be more like in Sims 3. I hate that they dissapear if they stay inside the tombstones. I wish my ancestors ghosts would be forever haunting the family home but i also don't want him to be actually taking one of the slots for playable sims.

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,091 PostsLatest Activity: 5 hours ago