Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Restaurant Challenge!

Do you have a Sim who has dreams of opening restaurants all around the world? Take the restaurant challenge! It’s simple. Open one restaurant in each of the six worlds. Yes, Magnolia Promenade too! Get your restaurant to at least 3.5 stars before you consider purchasing another restaurant. I would say 5 stars, but a restaurant can be very profitable at 3.5 stars, and you may not want to reach five stars with your casual restaurants.

Are you taking the challenge? Introduce your Sim and tell us about your restaurant journey!

October 6 Update:
City Life is coming! Yay! But, with it comes a new world, so here is what we’re going to do. For the test subjects inaugural challenges, we will be grandfathered into the old rules and will only have to have five restaurants instead of six. But, for those of you who want to take on San Myshuno, you may choose which five worlds you want to build in. Anyone beginning this challenge after Nov. 1 will need to own six restaurants.

June 20 Update:
Restaurants can be built, downloaded from the gallery, and/or the pre-made Maxis ones. As far as owning restaurants in each world goes, my original thought was that they would be placed as you're able to "unlock" them. However, if you want to go ahead and place one restaurant in each world first and then acquire them as you go, I don't see a problem with that either.

June 10 Update:
Ok, I've been thinking about this and I think there needs to be a little bit more structure, so here are some guidelines (I'm hesitant to call them rules lol).

1.) Start the first restaurant in the Sim's home world.
2.) For an extra challenge, don’t use money cheats!
3.) Keep all restaurants at the 3.5 star level or above throughout the challenge. The first five restaurants must be at this level before you may open the last one.
4.) Max out all employee skills before opening the next restaurant.
5.) This challenge can be done with aging on or off. If you will be playing with aging on, you may want to do long life as it will take a bit of time to do.