Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Save house but not lot?

I have a house that I’ve designed. I want to save just the house to my library, like how you can save rooms. How do I accomplish this? I don’t want to save the entire lot, it’s way to big.
  • "Metaphasic;c-16701873" wrote:
    "Cupid;c-16701865" wrote:
    "Metaphasic;c-16701858" wrote:
    "Cupid;c-16701846" wrote:
    "Metaphasic;c-16701639" wrote:
    "Cupid;c-16701635" wrote:
    you can't, you can load it onto a smaller lot and save that instead if you want

What do you mean by “load”? Do you mean build it again, or what?

save it and place it again

Ok. That’s what I’m asking. How do you save just a house, but not the whole lot.

As I said before, you can't. You can only save lots. If you feel the lot you built it on is too big, the best thing you can do is save the lot as it is, and reload it onto a smaller lot that has just enough space for the house itself.

You can do that? I didn’t think you could place a bigger lot on a smaller lot.

You can. It will force you to position it first. Just position it in a way that the house fits on the lot.
  • you can't, you can load it onto a smaller lot and save that instead if you want
  • "Cupid;c-16701635" wrote:

• "Metaphasic;c-16701639" wrote:

• "Cupid;c-16701846" wrote:

Ok. That’s what I’m asking. How do you save just a house, but not the whole lot, so that I can place it on a smaller lot!

Let me be really specific her. I designed the house on a 50x40 lot. The house itself only needs a 30x30 lot. There is nothing in the yard. It’s blank.

I know how to save sims, households, rooms and entire lots. I do not know how to save a house only.
  • "Metaphasic;c-16701858" wrote:

Ok. That’s what I’m asking. How do you save just a house, but not the whole lot.

As I said before, you can't. You can only save lots. If you feel the lot you built it on is too big, the best thing you can do is save the lot as it is, and reload it onto a smaller lot that has just enough space for the house itself.
  • "Cupid;c-16701865" wrote:

• "Cupid;c-16701874" wrote:
    "Metaphasic;c-16701873" wrote:

You can. It will force you to position it first. Just position it in a way that the house fits on the lot.

UPDATE: That worked. Thanks. I remember back in Sims 3, you couldn't do that, so I never thought to try it. I just assumed it wouldn't work.
  • "Metaphasic;c-16702082" wrote:
    "Cupid;c-16701874" wrote:
    "Metaphasic;c-16701873" wrote:

UPDATE: That worked. Thanks. I remember back in Sims 3, you couldn't do that, so I never thought to try it. I just assumed it wouldn't work.

You're welcome. :)

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,099 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago