Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Should we get empty worlds to build up ourselves?

It would be nice although I am being a little too idealistic, but wouldn't it be great if we got free worlds that were empty for us to build up? I am thinking something like an island world, a vampire/supernatural world, a coastal world, a desert world, a mountainous world, a rural world, a city world - basically taking what EA/Maxis has provided in the various EPs but giving us more options by offering us an empty world like Newcrest that we could completely build. These worlds would have a variety of lot sizes and many lots available (because we are building everything for it). What do you think? Feel free to elaborate on what empty worlds themes you would like to see, if you are in favor of them.
  • I like new big worlds and delete the lots myself anyways to rebuild from scratch. While it’d be nice to have a clean slate option from the get go, I think there are more valuable tasks that they could do otherwise.
  • Neither yes, nor no. I like how in Willows Creek, you have the different style of houses. Personally, I struggle with anything that isn't farmhouse/contemporary so the victorian-style houses are nice to have as reference/inspiration (also Pinterest for this). I already rebuilt half of Willows Creek houses and with the "motherlode" cheat, price doesn't really come to mind when I'm building lol. I love Newcrest because that's where I build all my things to put up in the gallery. I never play in the game-made houses - always my own builds - so I play Newcrest often. But I only have Seasons & Cats and Dogs so no access to other worlds. The one world I never play or build in is the desert (I don't even remember the name off-hand). Its easy to bulldoze lots and rebuild so more empty worlds aren't really necessary.
  • > @DaWaterRat said:
    > I'd be willing to pay for empty worlds - but only if we got a lot of them in the pack. I'm talking at least half a dozen, more like ten to twelve. And some additional Build/Buy assets. And this was the "finale" pack of TS4. (Create a World might be nice too.)
    >
    > Otherwise they should be free.

Oooh, create a world would be pretty cool!
  • Any option with additional lots will be great for me but extension of current worlds as Del Sol Valley, Newcrest, San Myshuno ect. will be enough for me.
  • Yes, this is a no-brainer. This community has been incredibly creative for so long... the fact that they weren't (and still aren't) included with the base game is mind baffling.
  • "kemowery;c-17665812" wrote:
    "jadonbakes;c-17657746" wrote:
    Yes, I would love an empty Granite Falls (but with more lots), with noooo shells. Newcrest is cool, but I feel pressured to blend my builds in with all the shells in the background.

Honestly, if I could get the ability to copy the landscape and lots of an existing world, with an option to not have any shells (or even any roads or parks or grills), that'd be great. And the ability to pick and choose which neighborhoods are in any given save.

THIS ^^^^

Would be awesome!

So, I've been wondering if it would possible to use the T.O.O.L mod to delete the shell houses. Has anybody tried that?
  • "Nushka;c-17618973" wrote:
    They would feel too empty, there wouldn't be any decor outside the lots and too many lots would make the game files unmanageable for amny computers and prone to corruption.

When they say blank worlds they mean like Newcrest buildings in the background and empty lots to place your community lots and residential lots on.
  • I'd prefer a blank world with swimmable oceans,a beach,swimmable lakes and rivers and waterfalls sims can play under.