Forum Discussion

Frn0731
New Spectator
2 years ago

simple request

My college sim went home to visit her parents and took her boyfriend along. It would be real nice it she could introduce boyfriend to parents and siblings. Instead they all just ignored him. It would also be great if sims could introduce fiance to friends and family.
Also it shouldn't be inappropriate for her to serve brunch!

BissenNess
    Seasoned Vanguard
    She couldn't use the Talk Up interaction to introduce them?
  • An introduce X to Y interaction would be really nice to have, just generically. Though I wonder how much use it would be since sims just jump into complete strangers' conversations anyway.

To solve the "inappropriate" issue, when my sim was in college, I gave him the "always welcome" reward trait. That allowed him to visit home, and act like it was his home, sleeping in his own bed, cooking meals, etc. without getting scolded or kicked out.
  • true, it'd be nice to have an "introduce romantic partner" interaction for family members that makes them pay more attention to your partner and gives them a small relationship boost.
    Frn0731
    New Spectator
    @honeywitch , It would be the normal think to do, Mom , dad , meet my boyfriend or fiance, husband , or friend upon the first meeting. I also hate that you can't invite your partners family to the wedding if you've never met them.
    Frn0731
    New Spectator
    @GlacierSnow I did end up giving her the reward trait but think this is rather dumb considering she used to live there and had no problem sleeping in her bed or showering.
    Frn0731
    New Spectator
    @eleri true but talking up someone is not the same as an introduction. Thankyou for your response.