Forum Discussion

Rennegadez
New Spectator
5 years ago

SIMS 5 HOPE AND DREAMS (CAS & BUILD EDITION)

SIMS 5 CAS & BUILD EDITION

Since it’s been 6 years since the Sims 4 has started and we’re going into a new era I want to share my thoughts on what should the next big step in the sims franchise the sims 5 my opinion on certain aspect have change and development and I want to go through want I feel will be needed to make the sims 5 improve on what we had previous and why. I will be going through aspect I think will be best for base game and expansion pack, plus a few ideas for functioning. I further outline the aspect for the Sims 5 better improved experience from what is missing from the sims 4 and can be added in the future sims 5 of new ideas and concepts.

CAS:
- Story mode (in sims 4) should also have a bonus personality mode (in the sims 5) help how on how a Sims react in certain situations in gameplay by asking simply question in CAS from a scale (0-10) on how they would feel and react in a certain situation e.g. what is the likelihood of this sims cheating 0 – 10, 10 most likely and 0 not at all. You pick 5 for your sim meaning a 50/50 chance. Next question what’s the likelihood of your sim forgiving spouse cheat 0-10 you pick 7 ( they forgive but they don’t not appreciate but are not happy about it) next asking would your sim divorce spouse if cheated 0-10 you pick 9 (no depending how far I think our entire marriage is damage basing on our relationship levels and my friends and family opinions on my spouse which would be based on their relationship levels with my spouse)
- Myer Briggs test added to the personality system
- The traits options should be: MBTI (Myer Briggs Type Indicator), Emotions, social, Lifestyle
- Hobbies should be treated similar to skill that if a seem does certain activities often they gain that hobby trait e.g. (if a sim does a lot of paintings, they gain creative trait)
- Then the 2nd personality test measure your sims likes and dislike with options provided.
- There should also be an allergy option if sims are allergic to certain foods or animals’ fur.
- Aging: In CAS ages between sibling to show who is the oldest and youngest by what seasons and moon cycle they were born in. Spring is the start of the year so oldest and Winter is end of the year so youngest Then you have the moon cycle 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc, 1st being the oldest. This for when you have two teens, but one is older than the other. (e.g. the oldest teen was born 1st moon cycle of winter the 2nd oldest 2nd moon cycle of spring and youngest teen born in the 3rd moon cycle of autumn)
- More in relationship options in CAS like twins, triplets, cousins, aunts, uncles, relatives (referring to any family member beyond those diameters like your cousin’s child)
- Have surrogacy pregnancy (sims can use another sims womb to carry baby, but the baby will still have the DNA of the parents that got the surrogacy) a surrogacy option in CAS to for pregnancy like infertile, egg-donor/infertile womb, fertile
- In CAS change the size of column with a column slider
- Rabbit in CAS
- Pets don’t take up household member spaces they have their own spaces (up to 10) (so you can have 10 household members and 10 pets)
- Choose own poses in CAS gallery and in gameplay photos
- More photo options: couple pictures, group picture, couple selfies, group selfies.
- layering clothes like jackets. Make all jacket layer compatible with clothes underneath. (Similar to the hat system compatibility where have different hair replacement for the hat version)
- There should be 3 standard heights for every age group starting from teens; tall, medium, short. (e.g. short height teen, medium height teen, tall height teen, short young adult, medium young adult tall young adult etc) A short teen is the same height as a tween but with a more grown up body, a short young adult is the same height as a medium height teen but again with a more grown up body, a short adult is the same height as a short young adult their body and facial change again as they have grown up just like in sims 4.
- Asymmetrical faces
- Body detailing: section a subcategory for body detailing were you the fat deposit location area are so when using the fat and muscle sliders the fats will generate in those specific areas instead of the used as the shape on the body when making stomach bigger when you select fat deposit in the should come with a additional slider fat deposit slider were decide how big will get if your sim gains weight and where the fats will go. (i.e. give them love-handles or pop belly, no gap thigh) so when they lose weight the will also go to.
- Body detailing; in body detailing section you also get decide if they stretchmarks, Skin overlay is also int body detailing and you can decide so you can give them vitiligo
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jR9ZNzfaA1E/XgxJYzNl7_I/AAAAAAAAAAM/oCsOczCyWJg8Pm3nZDe68asTuGkD4oCvwCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/fat%2Bdeposit%2Bconcep%2Bs5.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rw6fMN0CPMw/XgxJkmOmiLI/AAAAAAAAAAc/QNC1Xr-KbwwauAh5zB8D4dq1-urPlt_jQCEwYBhgL/s400/fat%2Bdeposit%2Bconcept%2Band%2Bshape%2Bs5.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vOtfn4HXwX0/XgxJpFgRCBI/AAAAAAAAAAY/kLrZD5tdwhMRjX35wrRDmhlPDMKbfwB-gCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/stair%2Bconcepts%2Bs5.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RHcOC0Tc684/XgxWkCRzdOI/AAAAAAAAACI/EgjLMpv6ZCIfEqgrjwxcSZd1MuXj_F7oACLcBGAsYHQ/s640/inculsivity%2Bs5%2BCAS.png
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a3/fd/a2/a3fda29e0974752ecae9db8fc37da571.jpg
- In CAS decide between 3 types of background types plain (black or white) to take thumbnail shots, mirror room to see sim from all angles, and the normal sims CAS background
- More slots in CAS: as well as skin details you should have hair details for baby hairs. A bag category for backpack, bags, purses etc in gameplay they work as inventories. sims can place on a surface or the floor when not using them and click to carry when they want to use them. ( similar with pets leashes in the sims 4 they work as bonus when activated by clicking on your sim brings up a option to ‘bring bag’ and sims will used the bag they choose to select) depending on the types of bag; backpack, handbag, shoulder bag, purse, luggage etc. will decide how the carry it.
- Colour wheels: we should have a colour wheel for skin tone and hair in CAS
- Be able to place tattoo anywhere on body
- In CAS walk style option, there should be two posture types for each walk style bent and straight (Normal walk style with a straight posture)
- Depending on posture in walk style will depend when they are elders if the use a cane
- Canes for elders
- Instead of bonus hot and cold category, each category; everyday, formal, business (study/career outfit), active, sleep, party, swimwear has its own season category for each season. For each season you can have up seven clothes for a full week in each occasion category i.e. 7 clothes for everyday summer, 7 clothes for everyday autumn, 7 clothes for everyday winter, 7 clothes for every spring, 7 clothes for active summer, 7 clothes for active winter 7 clothes for active spring etc. You can choose to fill up all category or just one for each season and occasion. Bonus category is special occasion like weddings and funeral were you what outfit to wear on that sims wedding day.
- In makeup category as a subcategory they should be; a fake eyelash category, contour category as well
- In skin detail as subcategory there should be dimple, eyebags, eye crease separates from mouth lines.
- Heterochromia eyes
- In hairs there should be a subcategory for; baby hairs, hair accessories, hair ombres
- Have different modes for tuck in and tuck out clothes for all clothing
- Dungarees/overalls work as bottom so you can have different tops
- Make all clothes compatible with different bottom shapes i.e. dungarees, high-waisted bottoms
- Visors caps
- Being able to change pupil dot size
- Sliders: Mouth and hip sliders should be bigger
- Additional sliders: Change the hip position slider
- Neck height slider
- Special CAS mod activated this happens sims go though changes and additional CAS menu option are available like if a teen or a child has a acne face then the skin detail temp skin ailments option appear and you change specify type of acne and if they have if again that were it will appear also for injuries
- Have a No underwear option in CAS
- Male and female sims can have the same facial feature as noses and mouth though do have different skins (female skins are smoother) (like more CAS feature mod)
- Cut eyebrow option
- Mannequins in base game
- Being able to become a mannequin, Mannequin skin overlay
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0FMumdC1vDw/XgxKskWpbnI/AAAAAAAAAAk/jseiw3aQhzoL8_7NB0n0DYP4GE0fhhRGwCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/CAS%2BCOLOUR%2BWHEEL%2BSYSTEM.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qv20jT5fPYQ/XgxLuUW4mYI/AAAAAAAAAAw/5qM50syPQUssjnog6AYC69hd6nUCkkK9ACLcBGAsYHQ/s640/s5%2Bgrowth%2Bspurts.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G-OFTOhYRgM/XgxMxiseaAI/AAAAAAAAAA8/Euv9eV4e_KMEk0x9tZ0dL2kIz6o60-MtQCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/Tween%2Bto%2Bteen%2Bdiagram%2Bdifferences.jpg
http://sims4downloads.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/375.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a8/b0/d6/a8b0d64d4af26118c5f9559f7ee99e8c.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d3/2c/80/d32c80dfa2d45ec8e68613d67f23649b.jpg

BUILDMODE:

- Hexagon swatch wheel: we should have more swatch colours with a hexagon wheel for CAS items and Build mode items. Being able to change the swatch wheel level in for types of modes; brightness/darkness, contrast, warmth/coolness, saturation.
- Make your own apartments: There be premade build apartments (like in City living) but you can also build you own apartment on lots
- Being able to connect certain relatable objects together for multiple purpose use. If you snap a lounge chair and footstool or ottoman you can lay on it like a lounge chair.
- Smaller grid sizes (for wall)
- Change the door and window colour on the different sides of the frame so they match the aesthetic of the rooms
- Have an option of type of glass in window from frosted, stain glass, plain and coloured)
- The frames of any object (bed, chair, table, countertop etc.) can be a separate colour (or swatch) from the entire object so they match better in the room.
- Wall height cut-outs based on wall segments in game
- Modular seating connecting couches like kitchen cabinets
- Colour scheme menu: when you select a group of colours in build mode it will show the room design in that colour swatch
- Being able to change all frames colours separately (door frames, window frames, bedframes, chair frames
- In build-mode all the objects must have all the same colour swatches from the all colour swatch wheels. (from kitchen, to bathroom, to living room to bedroom, to garden, to office etc)
- Bunk beds
- Shower head
- Being able to connect shower head with bathtub
- Toddler get tricycles
- Better roofing and roofing system
- Glass floor and walls
- Couple swing,
- Swings,
- hanging chair
- Have cushion that you can place cushion on chairs and beds
- stove and oven separate
- placing stove on countertop
- change the colour of a countertop separate from the cabinet
- All living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen come in set so the aesthetic matches across all furniture
- Washing machine
- Mini fridge (inside cabinet like how dishwasher is used)
- Deciding own picture frame for all photos and paintings with various of options like; ornate, modern, rustic, round, heart shape etc all can be put on a surface
- Can have polaroid and place the of string lights (the pufferhead pack does this with postcards) or on the wall.
- The ability to Upload own picture from your computer and use them as photos or paintings
- Can use laptop on sims lap
- Snapping option being able to turn off snapping
- All matching swatches for ALL items
- Move all wall objects up and down a wall
- All Windows and door/archways height for all heights
- Can change any Doors and window placement to a centre or one tile
- Single Wall tile width should be shorter and single floor tile should be smaller
- Have doors two set of doors height for all wall heights for all doors. A ceiling height (meaning door reaches the ceiling) and standard height
- Paint ceilings
- Platform height base on wall height segments
- Round windows and arches
- Windows with shutters should have to modes open and close (this mean windows width size should the size it is when it open)
- Curtain system|: being able to connect to different curtain side each curtain come with a left and right side. By selecting a left and right the gap between will automate a curtain pole which then can be choose type of pole and swatch colour.
- Turn off snapping for curtains
- All curtains should fit all windows
- Usable garage doors and being able to graffiti on them
- Being able to have wall swatches as foundation
- Wallpaper panelling, trims and siding separate from wallpaper
- Just like with wall trims be able to place own roof trim on roofs (automation is not always accurate)
- Better more fluid roofing. Being able to any roof shape seamlessly
- Step system: creating, ladders, L shape stair, U shape stairs, spiral stairs. With each step you decide the length (with optional additional step landing), the step rotation to make a spiral or box staircase and the distance between the following next step which is two mode staircase or ladder.
- Ramps (for temporary wheelchair users)
- Terrain tool: in the terrain tool section can create natural lake with water fill (make a hole then select fill to fill with water)
- create own natural waterfall shower
-
- No pool trim option (so you can make ponds)
- Being able to move plant life up and down into the ground
- Being able to turn on and off automation and snapping for selected tools and objects
- Jacuzzi bathtub upgrade
- (In - ground jacuzzi) adding Jets to pools
- Being able to curve pool edges to create circular pool
- Toilet stalls
- Swings
- Sandbox
- Stroller for toddler and babies
- Console
- Pull-out sofa
- Recess Jungle gym reference nod
- All blinds fit all windows
- Can place lot right next to each other without a gap
- Can build the end of a lot
- Have cooler to store food and travel
- Picnic blanket to lay down on and eat food on
- Picnic basket
- cribs
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bZMXnhOoclE/XgxNsajDC1I/AAAAAAAAABI/S3mVNRUXWX8F0uOGgPaj9skRlF3ElKK9QCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/wall%2Band%2Btile%2Bsegment%2Binfo.jpg

What should be the Sims 5 Aesthetic be like in my opinion:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GZXBoO6szBE/XgxQL6agoZI/AAAAAAAAABw/-nOhlylgq3c2zspF5oLsTcuKUPYefvFRwCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/more%2Bskin%2Bdestails%2Bcut%2Beyebrows.png

The full link is here:https://simmote.blogspot.com/2020/01/sims-5-hope-and-dreams.html

I had to divide this up in parts :#
Here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/970788/sims-5-hope-and-dreams-world-edition/p1?new=1
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/970790/sims-5-hope-and-dreams-game-play-edition/p1?new=1
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/970791/sims-5-hope-and-dreams-expansion-edition/p1?new=1

Share if you agree and what would you want if the Sims 5

Note: I was rushing to get these parts up before the new year but still didn't 😫
    aejp24
    Seasoned Novice
    I also want to make babies in CAS. Gone are the days that babies are objects. They need their own outfits, hairstyles (bow for girls). I want them to have genetics form their parents/grandparents like The sims 2. I want them to have their own baby toys, cribs, changing tables, walkers, bouncing chair, swings, playpens, learning to walk around furniture. I just want them to feel like they are a sim and part of the family not left upstairs in a basinet.
  • For some reason the links on this forum don't work properly. To access my Link you have right click on the link and press new tab or window.
  • Ooo those are all some great ideas.

I definitely agree about the babies and think it might be better if they were joint with toddlers. The kid starts as a baby in a crib and by playing with it and teaching it to walk and things like that (which would start it gaining toddler skills), eventually the baby could walk around, talk, and do all of the toddler things. Maybe the baby/toddler life stage could be 1.5 weeks since it's combing the two.

The thing i REALLY WANT is an option to build my own multi household lots (apartments, co-ops, etc). I would love some much larger lots you could buy that work as an open world format community. You could make up to, say, ten houses, each with a different family, and then they would interact like the neighbors in City Living. You would need to knock on a neighbors door to actually go into the house, but other than that it would all be open world format, no sims loading symbol! There could be a build mode tool to mark off certain areas as separate households and a tool to mark of the common space.

The third thing I would like is more natural living stuff. Off grid options right now are pretty much the same as non off grid, so it's a kind of useless feature. Maybe this will come with a farming pack for TS4, but who knows. I want living off grid to be harder than living on the grid. I also want to be able to make food for free if I have all of the ingredients.

I think that's it for now, although of course I could think about some more stuff to rant about!