Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
2 years ago

SPs ideas after the revival

Since SPs are back and now better than ever...

At least, one SP must be released in each roadmap.

"House chores" Stuff Pack:

This SP will add new ordinary and mundane items, with new gameplay.

Including:

• Lawnmowers: new item which allow to the Sims to cut the grass in their lots. The new grass growing gameplay can be deactivated though.
  • Ironing : despite it could be included with Laundry Day, ironing will be available for Sims to iron their clothes.

For base game update, a new gameplay system: water heaters. Using one will add new drama, interactions and moodlets when Sims uses certain plumbing items.

"Pool Party" Stuff Pack:

This SP will enhance the gameplay around swimming pools. New social events and interactions.

This pack could include:

• Swimming pool bar: like in TS3, a bar when Sims can enjoy for a drink.
  • Volleyball net for swimming pool: like in TS Freeplay.
  • Swimming pool cleaning: now swimming pools needs to be clean in order to enjoy it. New items including a leaf skimmer and a underwater filter will keep the water of the pool clean and safe.

For base game, round corner swimming pools will be available.

Also, normal sized diving boards and swimmng pool sliders.

"Procraftination" Stuff Pack:

New hobbies, crafting related:

• Sewing: lost since The Sims 2. Including two types of sewing machines: classic and electric.
  • Pottery: also lost since The Sims 2. Including a turnable table for kids and adults.

Each new crafting hobby will include a new skill.

For base game update, the Hobbies/Enthusiasm system will work like "Likes & Dislikes", but related with certain hobbies.

"School Band" SP

Much like Procraftination, but with musical instruments:

• Drums
  • Bass

Each new musical instruments will have a skill.

For base game update, new after school activity like bands for childrens and teens.

"Motorized" Stuff Pack

Despite the lack of cars, Go-Kart could be included in the game to "tease" the players.

New item and interaction including:

• Go Kart for restoration: a old fashoned go-kart for restore. Children sims can drive it in the lot.
  • Bicycle for restoration: a bicycle for restore. Two sizes: childrnes and adults.

For base game, a functional drawing board like in past games.

"Outdoor Escape" Stuff Pack

Despite Outdoor Retreat needs a refresh, but after Dine Out, some new outdoorsy items and activities could be nice.

• Logrolling station: lost since The Sims 2.
  • Axe throwing station: also lost since The Sims 2. Also it can be used for archery.

For base game, woodchopping gameplay, to feed off the grid appliances like stoves, fireplaces and bonfire pits.

• Kids activities stuff pack

Kids get ballet, gymnastics, baseball, practice and a rabbithole after school activities, new playground like a ordinary playground or castle. Play Tag, Miss Mary Mack, Hopscotch.

More infant stuff
    Like playpen, bottle warmer, swing, baby rocker. A stroller. Pacifier

Toddler stuff,
    Stroller, Pacifier, toddler bike, where the parents push. An actual daycare. More toddler beds, a playhouse. A napping area.

Elders Canes, walkers, elders discount.
  • Dangerous Stuff - From what I've heard, this is one of those packs that lost to Laundry Day Stuff in a community poll. I have some ideas if they ever decide to bring that back.

Essentially, every base game object has a 'dangerous' or 'risky' alternative to it. Electrical objects will break often and will kill Sims with electricity if they attempt to repair it with low handiness skill. Kitchen objects have a higher chance of breaking and causing fires, even if they don't normally catch on fire like microwaves. Plumbing objects break often, have a higher chance of giving Poseidon's Kiss for ALL sims, and if they break, huge water puddles will spread across the entire lot, breaking any electrical items on the floor around it. CHAOS!

Love is in the air? Wrong! Gas leak. If the risky gas oven is left broken for too long, a gas leak may occur. Your bills might skyrocket, mist will appear on the lot, and Sims will start to notice a terrible smell. Any wrong move will cause anything on the lot to catch on fire. Woohoo in a bed during a gas leak will catch the bed on fire. Electrical items may overheat, break, and cause even more fires. Not enough handiness to fix the oven? More fire for you! The repairman is your friend.

Yeah, basically it's Murphy's Law. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong with these objects. There'll even be two new traits returning from previous games, Lucky and Unlucky. They're pretty self-explanatory and dying as an unlucky Sim will earn you some sympathy from the Grim Reaper until your time is up. I think there'll also be a number of new dangerous objects as well as clothes that follow a safety theme.

That's the only thing I have in mind for right now. I think it would be really exciting and challenging.
    meeshwood
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Pool stuff pack would top my list, definitely want a pool party option, pool bar, the return of marco polo, I love the idea of a volleyball net

Artisan stuff pack- glass blowing, jewelry making, chocolater, ceramics, expansion for photography