Forum Discussion

6 years ago

"There's no available counter space"

Hey,
So I moved into a new lot and when I tried to cook via the fridge or the stove I get the same error message. I've tried replacing the counter with different ones, I've tried removing the overhead cabinets, I've tried a different stove, everything. Someone please help with the issue. I don't want my Sims living off pizza.
  • Do you have any mods or cc in your game? I had the same issue. Briefly removed my entire cc folder out of the game and then tried again, had no issues then. It's really annoying, but then it's just a process of eliminating cc that broke due to the patch.
  • But if my sims have nothing but CC on and I remove the CC won't it break the game or something?

Also rose, how do I just save the kitchen?
  • "A'ishah;c-16836855" wrote:
    But if my sims have nothing but CC on and I remove the CC won't it break the game or something?

Also rose, how do I just save the kitchen?

The only problem I had with it is that some of my Sims walk around with no pants or no hair, which is an easy enough fix, just a bit time consuming. But you can always make a backup save.
  • @A'ishah
    Same thing happened to me. I think the recent update solved my problems, that or re-enabling mods&script box in options menu.

Update 2/21/20: Turns out the problem was an override from either fridges, stoves, and/or clutter mods. Once you remove those, your gameplay is back to normal.