Forum Discussion

6 years ago

University Sorority & Fraternity Ideas

I know that at the minute it looks like Tropical Paradise might be the next expansion for the sims. But that hasn't stopped me from thinking of ideas I'd like for sims 4 University.

I started playing sims 3 University again, and it got me thinking about the accomidations our sims live in when they travel to university. In the sims 3 you can only live in a dorm made up of both male and female sims.

So i think, with the sims 4 id like sorority and frat houses to be more fleshed out and let you be part of a house and be able to do activities and stuff, like you would in real life.

What do you guys think ??
  • Hey @SimmerSophie96 - Moving this one to the 'Ideas corner' ;)
  • Sims 2 university was really so satisfying to me in terms of developing my sims' personalities and traits before adulthood, and i really would like that similar gameplay in sims 4. that was the biggest loss for me when jumping from 2 to 4. and i had just gotten a good hang of the greek system and actually had a lot of fun. i also loved the secret societies of university!!! would love to continue playing this in an updated and more story-based gameplay.

also i LOVED making my students and professors go on torrid secret dates together and woohoo in the photobooths. i love a good sim scandal.
  • As someone who doesn't have a Greek system in their country I would love frats and sororitys in the sims. I played ts2 on console so never got to experience it.

My personal hope was that a university world would contain (at least)
    - 2 dorms (one old/traditional, one modern/futuristic)
    - a frat
    - a sorority
    - some rental off campus lots (like normal houses)
    Spoiler
    I would actually like 2 frats and 2 sororities cause then I can have a bro jock house, prepped rich heirs, a girly sorority and a rebel female sorority that rivals the girly one

They could do something similar to clubs only it's like "sorority values", maybe set in them build mode.

I.e. a party house has values to drink juice, throw parties, hook up.
    They could also dislike certain things like above, your housemates would make fun of your sim if you were studying during a party event.

There could be different initiation rituals to join.

There could be an aspiration tied to becoming head of the house by your final term.

I really hope they return.