Forum Discussion

thefirsttemplar
Rising Traveler
11 months ago

Value system of clothes and objects.

I feel like it could be interesting if all items are categorised as either cheap, average or expensive.

This could play well into traits, like frugal sims would find expensive stuff a waste and would be against frivolous spending on clothing and objects.
On the other hand a materialistic sim could throw a fit if you put them in cheap clothes, and feel better in expensive things and surrounded by expensive furniture.

It would allow sims to percieve value better, and be able to interact with it based on traits. Able to spot poor quality. Generally cheap stuff could be poor quality and the expensive stuff could be great quality with average usually being good quality too but with an occasional worse quality thing.
Could also be some poor quality expensive things, like a super fancy sports car that constantly needs maintenance and is more prone to breaking down than some cheap sturdy little car.

It can also give a goal for sims regarding clothes, which I think should all be purchased again however a webshop could also be available for this for sims to easily add stuff to their wardrobe at a price.
Like they could actually save up to wear those expensive suits and dresses.

Would be nice to have like the option to make starting families with three different starting budgets too, starting either poor, average as we have now, or having double or triple that.
Can give more of a challenge or save players from having to move them to a house just to give them money with a cheat and move them after that to the intended house.
  • Great idea! Would be a time saver if my noble families could choose to browse only BB catalog items suitable to their class. Everyone needs clutter in their life, but there is a huge gap between the unemployed couch potato's trash and the duchess' golden deco stuff.

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,089 PostsLatest Activity: 29 minutes ago