Forum Discussion

7 months ago

Vehicles and transportation

I remember being able to drive cars in the sims 3. Considering we are at gen 4 and in the making of gen 5 for the sims, travel and vehicles are lacking. I mean, we have bikes, horses, and aqua zips. No cars or boats. We should have options to have a sim use public transport like a taxi, subway, or trolley (especially in worlds like San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor). I mean, I think it's so boring to always use the phone menu for travel. Plus, there should be historical gameplay options like a horse and carriage. Attention to detail is important to a lot of players. Sometimes I like walking down the street or cycling to lots, because I get to see all the street level content such as: like car drive-by animations, the trolley animation, NPCs walking their dogs and jogging, and all the neighborhood activity. I also think that traveling to lots via the street shouldn't require a loading screen. Like a sim will bike or walk to a lot in the same neighborhood, be at the lot, and then a loading screen appears. And if EA adds cars, they can add vehicle related gameplay such as: gas stations and body shops. You ever notice the amount of parking meters in the worlds? There are a ton and there are no actual drivable cars. There's a subway train in San Myshuno, but no actual train or interactive shell for players to use. I also want to see a world with an airport that can be used to travel to destination worlds.
  • I agree. This would make gameplay & storytelling so much better. I also hate just using a phone menu. It's so unrealistic.