Forum Discussion

6 years ago

weird lot sizing

although i have mods, i did delete them and reinstall the game etc. but... the sizing on my lots are so weird. i want to save a lot a made, but every single lot says its sized 999x999
  • I have been having this same problem, and have tried multiple things to fix it, and nothing has been working. I've tried the generating a new folder thing, repairing my game through origin and going to various sites to try and fix the problem.
  • Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it also occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • from what i can tell, with the ui cheat it happens on every lot. without it it happens sometimes. bute even without any mods at all, im coming backi into game to find it hasnt saved. even though i have made new saves etc. *sigh*