Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Winter Pack Idea: Yetis!

I was looking through The Sims Wiki and found a page depicting Bigfoot from The Sims 2, which caused me to come up with an idea for a new lifestate that could fit well with the winter pack that may be coming. I would like yetis to be added to The Sims 4. Unfortunately, this would probably be done using the yeti costumes already in the game (like the "bears" in outdoor retreat). However, what if they expanded it further and made customizable CAS yetis with new gameplay options? Here are my ideas:

Meeting a Yeti:

• When you first arrive at the resort (?), you'll be scared by a sim in a yeti costume. Then, some text will pop up saying that it was just a prank, but rumor has it that there are real yetis living high up in the mountains.
  • Once you explore the mountains, you will find an entrance to a secret lot. It will have several pop-ups (similar to the Silvan Glade entrance). Once you make all of the correct choices, you will be taken to a secret lot where yetis can spawn (similar to the aliens in Sixam). These yetis would be a new lifestate rather than a sim in a costume!

Interacting With a Yeti

• You can talk to yetis like you can with normal sims, with the exception of some small interactions that you can only use on yetis. (They would probably be regular interactions but with different text, like in the pirate holiday that comes with Seasons.
  • Some of the yetis will have a special role called Yeti Brewer. These yetis are basically the witches of the yeti world. If you become good friends with one, you can ask for a potion that turns you into a yeti. However, if you become enemies or lose a fight with one, they may put a curse on your sim that can result in death if not cured soon enough (similar to the poison from Jungle Adventure). By befriending a Brewer, you can also ask for antidote for the curse.
  • Yetis are significantly stronger than normal sims and will always win a fight unless your sim has high fitness skill.
  • This may be a bit of a longshot, but I would love it if you could move yetis into your household once you become good friends, as well as romance them and woohoo with them, and maybe even have yeti babies.

The Yeti Curse

• The yeti curse will have several stages, each lasting 24 hours, but can be cured by gathering the proper ingredients (which can be found throughout the mountains) and cooking an antidote OR by befriending a Yeti Brewer and asking for an antidote.
  • If you don't cure your sim on time, your sim will die.

Yetis in CAS

• Yetis will have various fur colors to choose from: natural colors, such as white, brown, tan, gray, black, as well as unnatural colors (but still inheritable by offspring) such as blue and purple.
  • Yetis will have unique glowing eyes in various shades of blue, purple, etc, as well as red and black. You can choose variant where they have typical "carnivore eyes" (like cats) or regular eyes. You can also choose from various teeth, like with vampires but more... yeti-ish.
  • Yetis don't wear clothes; their fur covers them instead.
  • You can also choose the color of the yeti's skin underneath their fur (seen on their hands, feet, and lips).
  • Yetis are significantly taller than normal sims.

Yeti Gameplay

• Yetis have a normal lifespan, but a unique walkstyle and new animations.
  • Yetis can scare sims under mischief.
  • Yetis can give friendly or romantic yeti hugs, in which they will pick up a human sim and hug them, similar to how sims hug cats and small dogs.
  • Yetis get a special moodlet while outside in the snow (winter pack or Seasons).
  • Yetis can make extra large snowballs in snowball fights.
  • Yetis also have a few generic interactions that only they can do, such as "talk about yeti culture".
  • Yetis roar when angry or tense.

Yeti-Related Aspiration

• I'm not sure on the details for this, but it would be cool.

If you have anything to add, suggest it in the comments! Hopefully a SimGuru will see this and incorporate some of our ideas!
  • I'd love that, it reminds me of the Yeti in the winter world in MySims Agents
    https://lparchive.org/MySims-Agents/Update%2027/4-020-comeonin.jpg

Only worry is that in this game it'd be like the mermaids from IL and the bears from OR which were disappointing to say the least
  • I'd like the option to live with yeti in his (ice) cave. With no cell phones too.
  • As long as it isn't just a costume. :sweat_smile:

Personally, I desperately want PENGUINS back!
    IObelle
    New Spectator
    I want yetis too! And bigfoots (bigfeet?).
    I think it was a missed opportunity to not add bigfoot in outdoor retreat, instead of the hermit.
    Bigfoot and plantsims were my favorite creatures in the sims 2!
  • @SimGuruGeorge @SimGuruNinja What are the chances that a winter pack will be released soon, and what are the chances that some of these ideas may be included?