Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Woodworking bench refresh

We have gotten a lot of items over the years, some of them from the base game, and I'd like to see some of these items get a fresh coat of paint, so to speak, with new features added.
The one that springs to mind the most is the woodworking bench. I'd love to get some new items to make. Rocking chairs, new styles of chairs, tables and other furniture, and definitely some new, bigger wooden sculptures would be ideal. Maybe some toddler-sized furniture too? Our Sims making a high chair, crib, bassinet, toddler bed or a new pint-sized rocking chair for their new child or grandchild seems like it would be a meaningful piece of gameplay. I'd also like the team to consider adding a new category, TOYS, to the bench so that our carvers could make their youngsters some new "heirloom" playthings, like wooden cars, dolls/puppets, a rideable rocking horse, jump rope, kite, dollhouses, etc. Make them sellable at the flea market, too! Since the animations don't change no matter what our Sims are building, it seems like it would just be a matter of designing some new items for the bench (and animations for some of the toys and toddler rocking chair and rocking horse, of course). The team constantly gives us new recipes for our chefs to make, and I'm grateful for that, but now I'd like them to give us some new woodworking items, too, please!
    Jooleeyuh
    Seasoned Scout
    I would love to be able to craft counters and cabinetry.
  • Wooden toys for the kids and toddlers would be nice. Would love a red train and a duck. Also a rocking horse and a smaller doll house. Would certainly be nice if our sims could craft some really nice furniture on it that looks hand made, not the IKEA style like from the fabricator, but it's high quality.
  • Train and duck are great ideas to add to toys, thanks! And counters and cabinetry? Heck yeah!

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,092 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago