Forum Discussion

BENH8484
New Traveler
4 hours ago

Rebuild the traits/personality system

This is a bigger want, but it's something I'd love to see because it could make each sim so much more detailed and have a whole personality.

I think a lot of stuff needs to become sliders. Everyone is somewhere on the neat to messy scale, or friendly to mean scale, so this should be reflected in every sim having their own setting for this. Being able to select individual traits like art lover is still great, I think that makes sense, but there needs to be a core personality to every sim that covers traits everyone has. Existing sims could be brought over to this new system by making relevant existing traits like 'mean' turn in to one of the settings on the sliders and giving them an open trait slot if the player wants to use it, so I don't think anything needs to be lost.

It would be great if they became able to change through gameplay. Lets say you've been playing with a messy sim and doing a lot of tidying, you could get a popup saying something like "susan has been tidying a lot more lately, is she changing?" and you could select 'yes', 'no' or 'she hates it even more now'. A new trait like 'set in their ways' could help some sims stay the same if that's what the player wants, while 'open to change' could make a sim change their ways more easily.

Being able to drop in to CAS and change traits without cheat codes would be super useful too.

No RepliesBe the first to reply