Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Sprinkler systems in seasons?

Does anybody know if we will be getting sprinkler systems or some sort of self watering device for gardens in seasons?

I only ask because right now if you make a community garden or public garden all the plants tend to die because no one is watering them.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I bought a couple sprinklers for my garden, and they turned themselves on automatically. Don't know if its a set time of day, or if they will work on community lots (or if your sim have to actually be on the lot for them to work). They were on for hours, so I turned them off myself. Didn't wait to see if they would shut down automatically as well.

They can be upgraded with 5+ handiness, although I haven't a sim that CAN in my test save yet.
  • Buy the sprinklers and arrange them where they will reach all of each garden plot. Make sure they are enabled on. They will each work when each plant needs to be watered. :smile:
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "geekgirl101;c-16699365" wrote:
    A bit gutted these can only be put outside. Can't even use moveobjects cheat to put them indoors. No automatic watering system for greenhouses or botanics pods. :(

I place mine where I want them before I properly enclose the room/greenhouse, and they work great :) They can't be moved after, unless you "open" the room again, though. Just put down enough to cover the entire area.
  • Ok hopefully it will work on public community gardens. Dont want to have to go there to water or turn something on every couple of hours to keep plants from dying.
    In sims 3 they made special self watering sprinkling systems for the greenhouses was hoping for something like that here.
    dianed485
    Seasoned Traveler
    "Kathykins;c-16556290" wrote:
    I bought a couple sprinklers for my garden, and they turned themselves on automatically. Don't know if its a set time of day, or if they will work on community lots (or if your sim have to actually be on the lot for them to work). They were on for hours, so I turned them off myself. Didn't wait to see if they would shut down automatically as well.

They can be upgraded with 5+ handiness, although I haven't a sim that CAN in my test save yet.

I have a handiness level 10 sim, he can either install an "anti-puddles" system or make the sprinkler unbreakable.
  • On my laptop the sprinklers auto on beautifully. On the desktop they do not. I'm not sure what the difference is. :neutral: I would like to have "upgrade to cover larger area" and "set timer".
  • A bit gutted these can only be put outside. Can't even use moveobjects cheat to put them indoors. No automatic watering system for greenhouses or botanics pods. :(
  • If you use the move objects cheats and make a hole in one of your outer walls it will allow you to put the sprinkler inside. Just remember to repair your wall after saving your work. I have recently noticed that my sprinklers are not always unbreakable or anti-puddling after upgrades sometimes.