Forum Discussion

PurpleSweetTart
New Rookie
3 hours ago

Event Based Gardening - A Public Relations Solution

I read this article on AHQ and it gave me a lot to think about. I decided to post it here because everyone is having so much trouble with the Reaper's Rewards Event.

"I have two Sims; both are Gardening Level 5 and I have and/or combination issue with cutting and grafting. Sometimes I can cut, sometimes I can cut and graft but only once. The prevailing situation seems to be: being able to cut and graft only one plant. Dd I do something wrong or is it a bug?

This occurs 100% of the time: after game repair, no mods or CC and trying new sims in new saves. I am so tired of the standard answer: "Gardening is Buggy"

Disclaimer: I've worked in PR before. I can't show you my credentials without Doxing myself but please know that I am an honest person who dislikes liars because I've been lied to so many times. The following statements may seem harsh but I think others are also sick of the event bugs also.

EA: If you know Gardening is buggy, (and we all know that you know it is because we've been telling you for literal years) - and we need gardening for Ambrosia, why would you base an entire event on Ambrosia? If you really need to give us a lead-up event for Life and Death, you could have done it in a much more effective way!

You could have done this with an SDX drop and said something to this effect: "Here are some new items that Grim would want you to have when you see him in the new Life & Death Expansion coming October 31! Preorder for more items that Grim would totally approve of!"  

I thought that was what SDX was for anyway, dropping new content on the fly?  I'm not saying to use SDX because I want the rewards or that I'm too lazy to do event tasks but the mechanisms behind the event don't work.

From a PR standpoint, it could go a long way. 

Besides, if players have already invested so much time and effort, and money into the game, we don't need a buggy event to want the new pack!

The community voted on it. Therefore, I think we don't need an event leading up to pre-orders or release date. You have so many expansions, none of them got events. You think just because it's Life and Death release date on Halloween, that we need an event centered around Ambrosia? We have Halloween packs, they're called Spooky Stuff and Paranormal. No other community voted packs: Nifty Knitting, Snowy Escape, Goth Kit, Grunge Kit and Castle Kit had events so why are you starting now? You saw what happened in the other event, and fixed it, yet you give us an event that centers around a broken system. 

I don't think I have to even say this to the Sims Community, but EA is Guilty of (This is not a list of all of the problems - just the ones that make me convinced they've stopped caring)

• You cancelled Sims 5 - "Project Renee" Whether you liked the idea or not, probably wasting ALL of the money you get from Sims 4 - It makes me wonder where my money is going now, I thought they'd be using a lot of it for 5. I guess it's all going to FIFA games now. If you want Sims 4 to stay on top of the simulation game genre, you need to hire people who know their way around buggy code and possibly a rewrite of the code in such a way that new and different systems can be added or improved upon.
  • Releasing Get Famous with missing toilets
  • Releasing Realm of Magic with missing roof textures
  • Releasing High School Years when your Teen Sim can't raise their grade unless you send them alone on Fridays - Totally ignoring the fact that HSY is supposed to be an active school pack - I stopped playing for a whole year because of this bug. I spent my birthday money on this pack because I preordered. I could have spent those $40 somewhere else, but EA has a no refunds policy for DLC, only base game, so they're getting our money regardless. The bug they fixed was Sims not taking the exams at school. It said nothing about the fact that they have to go to school alone on Fridays or their grade won't go up.
  • The Detective Career is still broken
  • The My Wedding Stories debacle 
  • Only getting that ridiculous Hot Tub for an anniversary
  • Totally ignoring Sims 4's 10th Anniversary
  • 10 years - No cars, no burglars
  • Adding devices for people with disabilities, and yet - No wheelchairs -  Poster's Note: I looked up the statics since I first read this article. "An estimated 1% of the world's population or about 65 million people all over the world need a wheelchair." The whole world doesn't play Sims but you get what I mean. Inclusion seems to be an arbitrary word for EA. Oh, there's the no cars=no wheelchairs argument. I read it. I get it, yet.  I imagine that doesn't fly with the author. It's probably not the first time they've heard, "Use Mods!" The author is possibly disabled and probably feels very left out. 
  • Saved the Best for Last - It took you TEN YEARS to figure out that ALL of the libraries should have skill books -   No Joke: I cried when I read this fix because I was so happy!

Honorable Mention: Leaks that are 99.99% not leaks. If a company had as many "Leaks" as EA, they'd be more concerned attacks on their systems and people's accounts. -  Poster's Note: I would be worried about my account security as well! 

• I think EA knows that their "leaks" are advertising games early and get Simfluencers talking and therefore they get their audience talking about it as well. No offense to Sims YouTubers at all. You are my source of entertainment much more than regular TV." 
Spoiler

Why are we having an Ambrosia event when you can just search "Sims 4 How to Make Ambrosia" or download it straight from the Gallery or if you have Get To Work, you can be a Level 10 scientist and make a cloning machine and just keep cloning it when you need it?

Please let me know what you think of the article. If they take this post down over Community Guidelines infraction, message me and let me know because everything posted in this article is common knowledge in The Sims Community.  I don't think this article is trying so much to bash EA. I think they're saying that EA has great ideas (Except for the Anniversary Hot Tub) but they are very poorly executed.

No RepliesBe the first to reply