Forum Discussion

Caewen
Rising Newcomer
26 days ago

For Rent Questions

I have some questions about being a tenant in an unowned For Rent apartment. I've just got the pack and I'm finding it confusing.

When looking at apartments to rent, my sim find one for £79, however she couldn't afford to buy the furniture so got it unfurnished. However, when she got in the unfurnished flat and checked the rental agreement it showed the rent at £98.

I would have expected it to be lower without the furniture though? Is the rent down always for the unfurnished flat?

I read that the furniture improves the rating and increases the rent. Does this mean that if she buys furniture for the apartment herself then her rent will increase?

Any info would be appreciated as I'm finding the whole tenant aspect confusing. Thank you.

itssshaunie
    Seasoned Newcomer

Normally Yes, unfurnished lots/rentals cost less and the prices cannot change until the lease is over.

So if your sim buys the furniture for the rental yes the rating will go up but the price will not change until the lease is up and the property manager changes. if there are changes to the rent/lease agreements before the lease is up you can complain and riot about it. 

Not sure why the rent price changed after the furniture was removed but I hope this helps.