Forum Discussion

MaggieVG1985
Seasoned Newcomer
5 days ago

Invisible Plants

Hello.  I think there was a glitch when I added the new base game update today (10/22/2024).  I had a garden in Henford-on-Bagley with many plants of many different kinds.  When I went into the game today after the update, the plants are now invisible.  When I hover over them, a shadow of them appears, they still produce fruit, they still glitter when they are ready to evolve, they are just invisible.  I haven't yet noticed any other glitches.

• MaggieVG1985  Do you use mods or custom content, and if so, does it help to remove the Mods folder?  You don't need to save your progress; this is just for testing.

If that doesn't help, what platform do you play on (Windows, Mac, Playstation, XBox)?  If PC/Mac, please post a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings.

MaggieVG1985
      Seasoned Newcomer

I'm very new to mods so I'm not sure how they work.  This issue seems to be more recent than the mods though.  And the plants seem to switch from visible to invisible and back again with different seasons.  Most showed back up when I progressed into summer, but then disappeared again when fall came.  I'll try to remove the mods folder and see if that helps.

• I also have this issue, it appeared after the the latest base game update. I play on PC and I'm playing on a lot in Henford-on-Bagley.  I play with Mods, I followed the advice above and removed the Mod folder to test, no change. I've also tried adjusting the graphic quality and restarted, however the issue persists.  If you share instructions on how to can provide my graphic settings, I'll do that. This screenshot shows the 'ghost' outline of one of the plants.  There are 3 beds of flowing plants that are invisible.