Forum Discussion

K-bobster
Newcomer
19 hours ago

My Sims Can't Get Married after patch

Hi, my sims can't get married after that My Wedding Stories patch. How can I fix this? I got rid of the UI Mod and aside from CAS and BB items, that was the only the mod I had. 

I click on the arch and it the option to "exchange vows" or "get married to" are greyed out and it says "The engaged sim isn't here" when both sims are on the lot and near the arch. 

• Your Sims should be able to get married without using a wedding arch. Choose one Sim, click on the other Sim, and either Plan Wedding Event or Elope Immediately (Relationship submenu). Elope Immediately is the quickest, easiest, and least expensive but it means there won't be a wedding. 

Plan Wedding Event will take you to the Wedding Party planner. You can also use your phone (Social Menu) or the calendar to plan the wedding. Once the event starts, you can Get Married on the Relationship submenu. You don't have to use a wedding arch even if there's one available on the lot. 

These options might not be quite as romantic as using the wedding arch but at least your Sims will be married.

NOTE: I don't have My Wedding Stories so I don't know if this advice applies to people who do have it.

K-bobster
      Newcomer

Thank you. I tried those, and they don't work.

I'd probably have to cheat and change their relationship in CAS, if I really wanted to continue this game with them married.

I just don't want to because I built this awesome venue a year ago and have never gotten to really use it because I've never gotten as far as a wedding between Spellcasters in my game. But now I'm here and can't even use the venue. I'll probably wait for them to fix pack again before I play that save. 

Man, but thank you for responding.