Forum Discussion

ryouma17
Rising Rookie
3 months ago

Townies Keep Dying

i dont know if its the new update thats causing it or what but i kept getting messages in game telling me that X sims spirit is about to fade away i play with aging and neighborhood stories turned off so iam not sure why my townies keep dying this has never happened before and i dont know how to stop this from happening

also i cant find said dead sims they do not show up in my list of other sims as ghosts so its very hard to replace them when they die

so far i've lost bella goth, meredith roswell, megumi ito, and nacy laandgrab. these sims were easy to replace since they are part of a family and i can see when one is missing however i've also lost some single sim familys and i cant replace them since i dont know which ones died the game doesnt say and their ghost is no where to be found i dont know why my townies keep dying

• after getting annoyed and digging into this i found the problem and its an easy fix so anyone else having these issues hopefully it solves it for them too

turns out even though i disabled neighborhood stories in the manage households menu i did ot disable it via the gameplay menu so even though it was off the game still acted as if it was on this explains why my townies kept moving lots adopting 500 kids/pets and dying cause even though i had all that disabled the game still had it enabled, once i turned it off in the gameplay menu all the problems are gone, had to start a new save so all my sims are alive again and living in the proper lot. now i just need to move all my sims/lots over it'll take time but atleast bella goth wont randomly die for no reason anymore despite stories being disabled and having MCCC set to disable deaths

• after getting annoyed and digging into this i found the problem and its an easy fix so anyone else having these issues hopefully it solves it for them too

turns out even though i disabled neighborhood stories in the manage households menu i did ot disable it via the gameplay menu so even though it was off the game still acted as if it was on this explains why my townies kept moving lots adopting 500 kids/pets and dying cause even though i had all that disabled the game still had it enabled, once i turned it off in the gameplay menu all the problems are gone, had to start a new save so all my sims are alive again and living in the proper lot. now i just need to move all my sims/lots over it'll take time but atleast bella goth wont randomly die for no reason anymore despite stories being disabled and having MCCC set to disable deaths

• just to be clear

1. do you have mods 
    2. are living sims dying or were the sims already ghosts before you got the message?

Thats message for when the game deletes ghosts which is meant to happen when the ghosts are not interacted with for a long time and not added to a household

I'd also check if you have gone over max sim count in settings cause that can cause the game to cull sims

MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot

If you have aging and neighbourhood stories turned off, the only thing I can think of is Seasons. Although I haven't heard of many weather related casualties lately. It was like that in the beginning, Sims would just keel over in front of your house during a blizzard or a heatwave. But they've become a lot better at managing their clothing and thus preventing temperature deaths.
    Although, when I recently played in Moonwood Mill during Winter, some Sims would turn blue (dangerously cold), but I always changed their clothes with MC Command Centre. 

wuebker1992
    Seasoned Newcomer

This is a new problem for me, and it seems like it was right after the latest update that this started happening. I had a Sim that I planned on marrying and moving into my house. However, I already had eight Sims in my household, so I was unable to. One of the next times I played my game, I noticed that the Sim I was going to marry had vanished. I looked through my contacts, and she had died! I don't remember ever seeing a notification/phone call that she passed. Other people have said that I could mess with my save file and get to a time before her death, but I don't want to mess with that. I don't have any mods/cheats, and I am just playing the base game.

Edit: I did not realize this, but I had neighborhood stories enabled under game options > gameplay. Oops... I'm glad I read this article, thank you for the help!