Forum Discussion

Jehane40
Rising Hotshot
4 days ago

Week 3 of Reaper Rewards: Quest gone after CAS

So far, the event has been working nicely for me, and I was almost done with week 3 when I made the mistake of going into CAS because one of my Sims needed new clothes. When I returned to live mode, the quest bar was gone. I was supposed to go fishing with bait and visit the Magic Realm next.

The really weird thing is that I could collect all rewards except the batfish. I mean, I don't mind getting rewards, but since I didn't do all the quests it feels a bit like cheating. Also, I'm a bit concerned that I might miss out on the next weeks because this week's quests haven't been registered as completed.

I tried exiting and restarting the game but that didn't do the trick. Is there any way to bring that quest bar back? I know that un- and reinstalling worked for some people but if there's an easier, less time-consuming way, I'd rather take that 😁

• Jehane40  Removing accountDataDB.package from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 may help.  It will unfortunately reset all your progress on any set of tasks you haven't completed, so if you don't want to go through the same process with your main household, temporarily load a different save, or I guess use your main sim but quit without saving.

Jehane40
    Rising Hotshot

Thanks, I'll try that. I won't mind doing the tasks all over again, since it didn't take all that long, and if I understand you correctly, the reset would only affect week 3 since I didn't get to complete all tasks while weeks 1 and 2 were a breeze. Also, does that reset affect any of my other in-game progress = any aspirational goals or milestones my Sims may have achieved, or any buildings?