Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

A Question of Drones

My Sim finally purchased a drone. After a time he renamed it, George the Drone. Then he sent it out to video the neighborhood to please his brand company. However, at some point my Sim lost George. So, not being one to cry over spilled juice, he simply purchases another one, calling it George II. Which he promptly lost when he failed to put it back into his inventory.

This time, he finished his concert and left for a photo shoot. The drone was running out of battery power, but it followed my Sim as he left the venue. I'm sitting here wondering if he's going to have to purchase yet a third drone! They are useful in helping him gain points toward fame, or I'd just ignore the lost drone and move on.

Does anybody else have problems keeping track of their little flying companions? If so, is there a way to retrieve them?

Please, and thank you, in advance.
  • After reading about the troubles sims have with losing them I'm just very aware of putting mine away. I've also never sent it out to do anything away from my sim...
    I did find out that you can place and use drones from buy mode into some lots. I put one in the National Park in build mode. He used that one while there so I didn't worry about losing it. Not sure what other lots this might work on.. but it's worth a shot.
  • I forgot my drone at The Shrieking Llama once. Luckily it was still there when I returned. xD
  • "Dannydanbo;c-16857529" wrote:
    If you sent George the first out to film the neighborhood it should return on it's own, but it may have run out of energy. Go roam the streets of your neighborhood and try to find it.

I don't keep my drone following me all the time. I only turn it on when I need it. It recharges in the down time.

That;'s what had me confused. The video apparently was completed. I was asked what I wanted to call it, but the drone was nowhere to be seen. Now, I'm going to have to scour Windenburg for it, I guess. Yikes. Seems there should be a way of pinging it's location. I'm troubled that he's lost George II permanently, as the photo shoot is a rabbit hole. Ah-me. Thank you!
  • Good news! My Sim returned to the venue after his photo-shoot and guess what came back with him? Yes, I don't have to have him shell out more Simoleons. Yay! And you can bet I had him place it into his inventory before I sent him home. Thing is, I know I placed it in his queue to do so before I sent him on the photo shoot. Guess Erik wasn't in a listening mood. LOL
  • My sim lost her drone at the gym, could not find it anywhere! Bought her a one and a few days later my sim visits the gym again and I find the first drone right outside the front of the gym. It wasn't there before. :D
  • Well that should show you that before you buy a new drone, just leave the lot and come back to see if it magically appeared someplace XD So far I was lucky, I did take the drone a couple of times, but ended streams or recordings right away and put it back into my Sims inventory. No problems so far with it disappearing.
  • I had that issue with the first drone I had on that island in Windenburg. I sent it out to record the neighborhood but it never came back. It turned out it ran out of energy before it could return home. I found it on the Pier Palace lot by the pier by roaming the neighborhood.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,027 PostsLatest Activity: 21 hours ago