Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
4 years ago

A Sim Trying to Eat W/Chopsticks Is a Hoot!

I've never seen this interaction before. The new husband grabbed leftovers which was Chicken Tempura or some such dish. He's eating with the chopsticks just fine. However, when his wife, a new mother, finally takes a moment to eat, she also selects the same dish. Watching her try to manipulate the chopsticks when she's used to regular flatware was amusing. I hear her saying "Yom, Yom, Yom.", but can't get the bite balanced onto the wooden rod. In what must have been her frustration, she wraps her hand around both sticks holding them tightly together, she stabs the food as if were an assailant. Successfully, she manages to get the bite into her mouth. I don't know, it just made me laugh.

Please share some of the silly things your Sims do that make you laugh. :)
  • I see that a lot in my game. Sometimes it's my characters that I see doing that when they are just starting out learning how to eat with chop sticks. And other it's an NPC character that I see doing that while trying to eat with chop sticks. It is amusing, and I just love the expression on their faces when they drop a bite. They all look like they just want to run away and go bury their faces in the sand from the embarrassment of failure.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    Sometimes they will do other things while sitting on the toilet.
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    I'm glad some people enjoy this because I honestly hate how clumsy sims are with chopsticks - I don't cheat, but it made me want to cheat all my sims' chopstick skills because it was so immersion breaking. I'm glad they kind of fixed it with Snowy Escape and now sims can choose their utensils.

I found it cute when one of my child sims ordered a coffee autonomously from the outside vendor in Mt. Komorebi. Her older sister immediately reacted negatively towards the vendor and had a thought bubble with the vendor's face crossed out (because who sells children something they can't drink).
  • "haneul;c-17766059" wrote:
    I'm glad some people enjoy this because I honestly hate how clumsy sims are with chopsticks - I don't cheat, but it made me want to cheat all my sims' chopstick skills because it was so immersion breaking. I'm glad they kind of fixed it with Snowy Escape and now sims can choose their utensils.

I found it cute when one of my child sims ordered a coffee autonomously from the outside vendor in Mt. Komorebi. Her older sister immediately reacted negatively towards the vendor and had a thought bubble with the vendor's face crossed out (because who sells children something they can't drink).

My youngest son taught himself how to eat with chopsticks. He decided to eat his popcorn that way. LOL He's really quite good at it. I'm not too bad at using them, but still, in the beginning, it's an iffy proposition at best. Fine, if you don't mind going hungry. ;)
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "GalacticGal;c-17766063" wrote:
    "haneul;c-17766059" wrote:

My youngest son taught himself how to eat with chopsticks. He decided to eat his popcorn that way. LOL He's really quite good at it. I'm not too bad at using them, but still, in the beginning, it's an iffy proposition at best. Fine, if you don't mind going hungry. ;)

It was just a pet peeve of mine. >:) The Sims tries really hard to be a global game, but sometimes the "American-ness" of the game shines through so brightly. It's kind of cute, but also annoying. The idea that even sims would need to learn to use chopsticks as adults is a very white American/Western way to approach food.

Moridhus
    New Spectator
    What are their utensil preferences set at?

I have seen this once so far, but it was on a character that was set at using forks, but trying to eat with chopsticks. I wonder if that might have something to do with it ?