Forum Discussion

thefirsttemplar
Rising Traveler
9 days ago

A superhero expansion could be really fresh.

I don't think a game pack could fully do it justice, but I think it could be perfect for a full expansion. 

It could add a new neighbourhood which has a bit of a 40's/50's city look to it, and adds clothing and furniture in that style as well. 

But also adds supersims as a new occult lifestate never seen before in the sims series, which has however flirted with the concept in every single game in the form of outfits, tv shows and all that.

All supersims have core abilities they all share, and more can be obtained but all those extra abilities come with a drawback. You could give your Sim all of them, but that also means they'd have all the drawbacks. 

It's always a sensible drawback, like a Sim with super strength breaking everything that can be broken when angry, unable to hold back. 

A sim with firepowers can't use them in rain or when wet, and they get angry when wet though can clean themselves with a purifying flame if they don't want to shower. 

A sim with mind control powers could at times get more than they bargain for when reading other sims minds, getting debuffs from seeing awkward memories or other stuff they wish they didn't know about. 

Most of the extra powers could also be obtained through tech that can be constructed, so Sims could also be a powerless hero using technology. Technology would have the downside of requiring maintenance otherwise it might break if used with a negative effect. Like a sim's mind controll thing blowing up could randomise their own personality traits, and the thing giving fire powers could put them on fire. 

A new costume category would be added to the game, which can be used recreationally or as a superhero or villain costume. The technology to use powers could be exclusive to the costume, your sim can't do it in other outfits. There would be plenty of new costumes to match, but everything already in the game that fits the theme of costume would show up here too. Unique to the costume is that you Sim is named by an Alias if wearing it. For example if Clark Kent wears it, he's Superman and will be referenced as Superman in all instances. But if his identity becomes known, he'd show up as Clark kent, Superman when wearing it, showing the player it's no secret. 

That would mainly matter for sims in the new active superhero or super villain career though, drawing all kinds of attention they might not want, though depending on traits they may not mind. But any Sim could use the costume in other ways, like a father dressing up as Santa and his kids believing it if the secret identity is kept. 

There would be self employed super hero or villain work which would be a rabbit hole thing. The hero can at any time disappear a while to fight crime. Could be combined with a career. They work on their own hours. 

But there's also two new active careers where your Sim is part of either a team of heroes or a team of villains. Each has headquarters where other heroes or villains hang out and work on projects, train and all that, and might also disappear briefly during their time there to fight crime as a rabbit hole thing. 

Not all would be rabbit hole stuff though, You could have Sims fight in a new superhero brawl option. Can be for friendly sparring, but also a battle that ends with the loser being captured and jailed for a few days until they escape.

And the powers can be used in all kinds of ways, like a Super strong Sim could lift all kinds of stuff to show off, including other sims. A sim with ice powers could also use it for sculptures or creating furniture from it, or keeping their home covered in snow during any season. A sim with mind control powers can make other sims do stuff, but can also learn their secrets. A sim who can fly can show off, can also go explore space and have adventures similar to the rocket adventures, bringing back items and maybe discovering the alien world. 

Just saying it has a lot of potential. Could also be fun to see a super sim try to keep it a secret while being a family person. Or maybe the seemingly sweet home maker mother having an evil lair under the house that she tries to keep her children out of and her clueless husband could just be off to his day job. 

It also offers room for children playing superheroes, wanting their autograph, admiring a specific hero, being scared of a villain or liking a villain if they have the mean or evil trait. Especially geek sims could geek out over seeing a hero or villain. 

Amj1995
    Seasoned Newcomer

I love this idea! Something new and quirky is needed. I think we have too much realistic gameplay atm. The fantasy part of the Sims 4 is lacking imo.

SheriSim
    New Adventurer

I would love a costume category for my regular sims, I play rotationally and would love my other sims to show up in outfits I gave them.

im not much into super heroes, but always love a new world, and im sure I could find someone in my rotation to try super powers….

SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot

I so would love a Superhero Expansion Pack with a Superhero Powers Book.

Right now I have a Darknight Family sortof based on Batman, Batgirl & Robin.  As well as a Storm & Wolverine Family sortof based on Xmen.  I would've make a Superman & WonderWoman Households unfortunately, there's no flying ability in the game.

Jehane40
      Rising Traveler

That sounds sooo awesome! What kind of jobs and traits did you give them? And speaking of the X-Men, now I really want a superhero pack so I can create Deadpool and have him annoy the s*** out of everybody else 😁

homebasing
    Seasoned Newcomer

This is an awesome idea. Which means that it's probably never happening.

Instead we'll get 5 more kits that no one asked for. 

Cybersbe
    Seasoned Newcomer

A few basic superpower ideas, along with equivalent gadgets for non-powered sims.

Super Strength-Powered Gauntlets

Flight-Jetpack

Heat Vision-Laser Gun

RouenSims
    Seasoned Rookie

I’m not necessarily into the idea of superheroes, but I would certainly buy a pack with a 40s/50s world and vibe.

Jehane40
    Rising Traveler

If they ever do a superhero pack, I'll preorder that as soon as it's being announced. A few of my Sims are based upon characters from The Boys (a show exploring what superheroes would be like if they were marketed by a huge cooperation and how they'd behave if they could get away with everything), so equipping them with the superpowers they have on the show would be really cool - and a bit desastrous, too, because they tend to wreak a lot of havoc on that show. Still, having the superpowers would be awesome. And costumes!

• How about a superhero that could help with things that go wrong in game. Like, if he/she is around when a sim is about to die due to an accident like drowning or murphy bed, he springs into action and saves them. Or you could ask them to find and bring back your runaway cat. Or challenge Grimmy when he shows up. Maybe they do useful things like a deflect a lightning strike or help you find certain metals and gems or rare plants, etc. I suppose he would be more like an NPC you would need to find and befriend, maybe you could work as his sidekick. 

Jadeleine
    Rising Traveler

Yeah Superhero EP or GP could be really nice. Superhero could take the villain or hero/rescue road. There could be the aspect of darkenss and ligthness. Superhero roleplay would also add great gameplay for children in the game. Whole family could be superhero family. Superheroes could have points which you could use to get perks, similar to other occults like Vampires and Werewolves. For example they could start with being novice Superhero or Villain and the advance to immortal Superhero state with different abilities. Those abilites could be flying to places, super fast run to places, ability to heal other sims from negative moodlets or cause nausea/issues to other sims etc. Villain could be the ones who do all kind of pranks for the town etc. 

LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran

I've been asking for a Superhero pack too (but I think my old thread is buried here somewhere) so yes!

I don't think fighting crime should be a rabbit hole, though. I think it's the perfect opportunity to add small crimes, even some humorous ones, to the game. Like the classic burglar. Could also catch Kleptomaniacs in the act, so it would give us more consequences for that traits. I think it's also an opportunity to bring back police, especially if you play a Supervillain, and the Get to Work detective career could get an update to fit in with the new pack.

Having crime and police return to The Sims would really help to fill in those missing gaps of consequences.