Forum Discussion

7 years ago

adopting pets on vacation

My sim became best friends with a cat while on vacation. I saw the option "adopt?" and I clicked on it. I gave it a new name too. But it didn't come home with her.

What gives ???
  • > @floridameerkat said:
    > Can you click the call button on the cat's icon to summon it to your Sim's home lot?

I would try that. I haven't tried to adopt a pet on vacation yet so I'm not sure if it works or not.
    Stina1701A
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "PlumbobMegan;c-16467631" wrote:
    > @floridameerkat said:
    > Can you click the call button on the cat's icon to summon it to your Sim's home lot?

I would try that. I haven't tried to adopt a pet on vacation yet so I'm not sure if it works or not.

Yebb. Definatly try that. Is the cat part of your household for sure? I have had my Sims adopt in two households, and one of them (my very first) adopted not one cat but one cat plus THREE large dogs, thank you very much. Definatly put a crimp on their archeology lifestyle, I can tell you :lol: I am in a slow process of moving some of the little darlings along with at least on of the pups (two of the dogs had litter) into other households. But to make a long story short, the whole menagerie came home with my archeology couple at the end of their vacation.

Another thing I did notice...was the cat by any chance in the same vicinity as your Sim when the vacation ended? Could it have been roaming?

A thing happened when Raj adopted his stray in Brindleton. The minute they came home the cat did go on awalkabout. They live in apartment and immediatly they got home the cat, after being shown the litterbox and the foodbowl walked outside the hallway and became a grey shadow at the elevator. After a bit of a panic I pushed the little whistle thing in her icon and she popped home right away with a message that she had gone roaming. That is apparently a feature with cats. Maybe your cat went roaming about the time the vacation was over and is maybe still roaming?
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "Scorpina2009;c-16468241" wrote:
    "floridameerkat;c-16467422" wrote:
    Can you click the call button on the cat's icon to summon it to your Sim's home lot?

I tried that, but he never showed up. I can try it again tonight.

Try travelling to another lot then with the cat and see if that works.
    Maybe rotating households would help...
  • "floridameerkat;c-16467422" wrote:
    Can you click the call button on the cat's icon to summon it to your Sim's home lot?

I tried that, but he never showed up. I can try it again tonight.

• "Maybe your cat went roaming about the time the vacation was over and is maybe still roaming? "

LOL yes, cats do love to explore !