Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Anyone else have a problem with accidentally on purpose deleting families?

I don't mean like, as a game glitch or bug, I mean as in you purposefully delete them only to realize later, hey, wait- I actually liked that family! It might just be a me thing, but I always find myself ditching saves and then mourning the loss later. I don't know why I'm like this, but I think I'm gonna start making backups now. Can't hurt. I had a family that I absolutely adored for a few months in the Sims 4, and then when I was clearing out my saves, I lost them. Didn't know if anyone else was like me- a serial deleter. If you are, at least you're not alone! :D
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I am a serial re-starter of Sims. I don’t quite know how the folks who have several generations on their family trees do it!
    I am always, always trying something new.
    I’ve lost some really great Sims that way.
  • Just make a backup of the save and put it somewhere else. Then once you want to play them again, pop them back in (but make sure it doesn't have the same name as other files).
  • I always do this! I tend to get to gen 2 of a family and get bored/tired of playing them and I delete them. I only go as far as to start over and play a new Sim for just a week before I get nostalgic and think "I actually liked playing that family I wonder how their kids were gonna look omg I'm the worst Sim God for deleting and leaving them alone and I didn't back them up at all!"

I did this with 3 legacy families that I miss now, and now I keep making multiple saves of my current 4th one that I've had an itch to delete while I was cleaning out saves a few times before...

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,080 PostsLatest Activity: 15 minutes ago