Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Asked to join a career

Has anyone seen this before? This has never happened to me. One of my Sims just got a call asking them if they wanted to join the gardening career at level four. This sim has never had a job before. I find it really interesting. I didn't even know that this was a thing that could happen. Has anyone gotten this before? Can you get it for other jobs?
  • Yes, this is a thing that happens if your sim has a "good reputation." What job is offered seems to be random. My sims that have pristine reputations are constant being offered level 5 positions as everything from chefs to style influencers to secret agents lol.
    Busufu
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "FanPhoria;c-17087840" wrote:
    Yes, this is a thing that happens if your sim has a "good reputation." What job is offered seems to be random. My sims that have pristine reputations are constant being offered level 5 positions as everything from chefs to style influencers to secret agents lol.

Not only a "good one" ;). My Sim just joined the criminal career because of his very, very bad reputation :D.
    This came in with Get Famous.

• Happens a lot. Although they're good offers, it's kinda annoying when they keep popping up when I'm determined to max out my current career. xD
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    "nerdfashion;c-17088163" wrote:
    I've had this happen before. If you have a high enough reputation (or low enough for criminal) and high enough fame you can get offered a job at a higher level. Get Famous is required, duh.

Fame is not required, only reputation.
  • "IceyJ;c-17088360" wrote:
    "nerdfashion;c-17088163" wrote:
    I've had this happen before. If you have a high enough reputation (or low enough for criminal) and high enough fame you can get offered a job at a higher level. Get Famous is required, duh.

Fame is not required, only reputation.

Yes. My sim has a good reputation, but he lost his fame.
  • I have too much of it. It's not that realistic anymore when absolutely random sims call you and offer a job.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    No I haven’t gotten that before. Maybe they added it with the last patch. I did notice that some of my rotational sims that don’t work are popping up to be chosen to work at retail stores. I never noticed that before, but there is only 1 sim I have that actually runs a retail store, the rest I just use to set the store up.
  • It's from get famous/patch. I've had a level 5 celeb with pristine reputation get offered level 5 spots in culinary, secret agent, tech guru (she was a teen at this point), writing, astronaut, entertainer, acting and athletic. It's pretty non stop, but useful for renaissance sims
  • I have, several times over my main sims life. It has something to do with the krama meter in the Parenthood pack for me.