Forum Discussion

graventh8
New Novice
6 years ago

Being accused of stealing?! (Good celebrity)

My global superstar celebrity with Pristine reputation is getting text messages from his some of his friends that they'll never invite him to their house because they heard he steals things!
Except he never stole anything, he just get things for free bcus he has that perk in the highest good reputation celebrity perks..

Is this a bug ? Or like falsely accused thing like in Sims 3 late night?
  • Does your celebrity have the stan quirk? I noticed both my celebrities were getting the same texts from family and friends. I then thought of their stans… and how they go through the trash (they went through the family's trash while my sim visited for Winterfest :/ ). Removed both of their stan quirks, and the text messages have gone :)
  • @graventhe
    It's a bug! Your Sim isn't to blame.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Celebrity-sim-falsely-accused-of-stealing/td-p/7177115

Not quite sure what causes this, but it may be that any time ANY Sim notices ANY OTHER Sim try to steal something, the blame gets attributed to YOUR Sim.

Like, I ran a restaurant.
    Any time a patron would try to, like, Steal the napkin dispenser on their table, everyone would look at them like "Oh, My!", and then later MY Sim would get a call saying that I liked to steal stuff.

But anyways, it's not a slander system, it's just a bug.
  • "Iyasenu;c-16875212" wrote:
    @graventhe
    It's a bug! Your Sim isn't to blame.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Celebrity-sim-falsely-accused-of-stealing/td-p/7177115

Not quite sure what causes this, but it may be that any time ANY Sim notices ANY OTHER Sim try to steal something, the blame gets attributed to YOUR Sim.

Like, I ran a restaurant.
    Any time a patron would try to, like, Steal the napkin dispenser on their table, everyone would look at them like "Oh, My!", and then later MY Sim would get a call saying that I liked to steal stuff.

But anyways, it's not a slander system, it's just a bug.

Oh thank you! I thought my sim was stealing things when I wasnt noticing or something..because it's weird
    I'm glad it's not like falsely accused in late night, finger crossed it's fixed in next patch..
    My poor innocent sim keep losing his reputation because of this!
    EA_Lanna
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    @lyasenu thank you again for sharing this link. @graventhe could you pop into that AHQ Bug Report and select the 'Me Too' button to help display that another Simmer experience this bug. Please also add anything that hasn't been included in that thread about what you're experiencing with the bug. I'll close this thread here as we'd like to keep all information pertaining to the bug in the same space.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,105 PostsLatest Activity: 8 minutes ago