Forum Discussion

Behappy1st
New Spectator
4 years ago

Birthday Cake Issue's

The aging up is not working right. I had 3 sims to age up. 2 twin teens and a child to teen. I aged up one teen ok. Then went for the second, he blew out the candle with everyone cheering. BUT did not age up. I tried 7 times 3 different spots and even made a second cake and all no age up. I aged up the child OK on the first cake after the second teen failed. I'm trying to play the 100 baby and he was supposed to be moved out. I've been putting the kids with their fathers when they age up to YA. So I moved him out with his YA twin even though he is still teen. I thought that was fare. But now I have the next set of kids aging up and the child won't age up to a teen. It's making my 100 baby challenge unplayable. I'm not good with computers and I have no idea how to fix it with cheats. The one time I tried to use a cheat I couldn't get it to work. Is was the motherland.
  • I had the same issue. I tried to age up two toddlers using the cake, but everytime they just blew out the candles and then teleported to the ground without aging up. I tried moving the cake to another table and baking a new cake, it didn't help. The only way I managed it was to bake a cake, put it in the sims inventory, then travel to another lot and age up there.

The lot I was having trouble with was a haunted residential. Other lots seem ok.
  • I always use a cake per Sim. I never try to age two Sims up using just one. Fact is, they won't simultaneously age up anyway, the game mechanics aren't set up for that.
  • "GalacticGal;c-17797196" wrote:
    I always use a cake per Sim. I never try to age two Sims up using just one. Fact is, they won't simultaneously age up anyway, the game mechanics aren't set up for that.

I have aged up at least 10 sims on one cake. You just have them blow it out and put candles back on it. Then I put it in the frighted until needed. And I watch my sims like a hawk to make sure when they get leftovers its not the cake. I was playing the 100 baby and it made it easier. If its twins I age up the first born etc.
  • I usually put the candles on the cake right away, them drag it into an inaccessible room until my Sims need it. This only works if you have a Sim with the Fresh Chef bonus trait, though.
  • I aged up twins with one cake last night. There was a delay after each because the toddlers decided that they had to walk from the kitchen all through the house, outside, down the steps and round to the outside of the kitchen area before actually springing into childhood ???
  • I've had this happen in apartments before. Taking the birthday sim and cake to another non-apartment lot and blowing out the candles there works.

I don't know if it's related to my sims' apparent need to run outdoors and be alone before they can age up? Since running outdoors from an apartment requires the extra step of the elevator.
  • LittleMsSam has a mod to fix the cake aging up bug. It's in her Random Bug Fixes. It works really well if you don't mind using mods.
    mlnov39
    New Spectator
    This happened the other night while I was playing my personal challenge of "how many babies can a married couple have?". I had twins aging to YA but the first one didn't age. The second one aged just fine with the same cake. I decided to move them out anyway, because mom & dad were going for more babies. Then I went to the twins new apartment and aged up the male. By-the-way, I don't have the new Paranormal pack in my game. I suspect the latest patch did this.
    I'm kind of nervous about aging up the next set of twins, since my Sim parents have 8 children and they are 4 sets of twins.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,117 PostsLatest Activity: 7 years ago