Forum Discussion

thornwill
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Bring back old limited-time challenges

Is it just me or does anyone else thinks that previous game challenges should come back every year? Like the egg hunt challenge, plantsim challenge, day of the dead, etc. It would help to make the game feel alive and give rellevance to the items we get. We could even get new things coming with the plantsims and Sim Sessions every year.
  • I feel like it's a lot of work put in for these limited challenges only for them to be scrapped forever after a very short time. It would have been lovely to have a Day of the Dead festival held regularly in one of the worlds or the Sims Session festival. I would rather prefer they add them back as regular events or festivals. Actually would love if we could have more festivals added into the game.
  • more like stop time limiting challenges

sims sessions etc was fun but its sad that these things are just limited time events and very easy to miss completely

also i really think they should do something about plantsims they're just so sad
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    I am not a fan of time limited events. But I remember from the time when I played sims freeplay that the events in that game were repeated every few months. If you missed them the first time, you got another chance. Repeating them occasionally doesn't hurt. I still hope the chance to unlock the family picture frame. I hope they repeat it one day, or eventually release it for everyone.

The only thing I don't want to see repeated is the plantsim event. Plantsims deserve an update to become a proper occult, not the temporary disease they are now. Plantsims were my favourite occult in the sims 2. I hope the sims 4 plantsims can one day get the upgrade they deserve.
    thornwill
    Seasoned Newcomer
    @Atreya33 that's exaclty what i meant, old challenges coming back from time to time. Sorry if it came out wrong, english isn't my first language. And i agree about plantsims, we desperately need an upgrade.
  • Agree that those challenges should both make a comeback and be regular, rotating events like the festivals in San Myshuno. Day of the Dead is tied to a specific time of the RL year so perhaps it is better to leave it that way but still have it. It happened two, maybe three years and was always great fun. We have remnants in CAS & BB, but that's not the same. The concert thing was great and worth repeating, even if only with the original coding.