Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Can you "Feel The Love" with pets you don't own?

i need to feel the love with 4 more pets but i only own 4, can i feel the love with other peoples woofs and meows?
  • Yes, but you need to be a Good Friend with them before you can feel the love. Ownership doesn't matter. Can be owned by someone else, can even be a stray, only the friendship level matters. So go out 'n start befriending pets!
    EA_Rtas
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    Hey there! Sorry to hear you're getting frustrated with the Aspiration but I think with perseverance you'll get there! Unfortunately considering this thread has been inactive for a long time I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    From what I've experienced, you can only "feel the love" if the cat or dog is in a happy mood.
  • Yes, so make sure the pet has its base needs met, then just the act of befriending it, aka interacting with it a lot will make it happy. But yes, make sure it's not sick, dirty, needing to pee or hungry first.
  • "PhoeSavsMom_83;c-16241979" wrote:
    Why do you need to feel the love? Is it for an aspiration?

Yes, to complete the Animal Lover aspiration.
  • Best place to look is the vet area all neighborhood pets are spawned in same place.

I am a bit late just looked the date sorry :)
  • I'm late too, I'm doing this Aspiration right now and was relieved to know that I only needed to 'feel the love' 4 more times and friend 2 more animals.

And I just noticed that my FTL score has been reset to 0/8! ???

I love animals and this is a neat Aspiration but come ON! I'm playing Caleb, a vampire who needs no bathroom breaks, no fun breaks, no social breaks, no hygiene breaks and only works 3 days a week. Plus he hasn't even needed to augment his vampire energy in months, so no sleep breaks either. All I have to do is feed him plasma packs now and then. And I'm STILL struggling to meet these ridiculous goals! Thank God I have all aging turned off or he'd be losing friendship points every day. There seem to be 2 main problems for me; the cats especially stopping all forward progress by suddenly meowing non-stop for HOURS, and Caleb constantly getting 'stuck' while the game tries to argue with itself over whether to put the cat's random action ahead of the 6 interactions I have lined up. I'm getting fed up with it tbh.