Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

Can't Place Lots

Is anyone else having a problem placing lots from the Gallery today? I've tried several times and so far the screen just freezes and the lots aren't getting placed. Now, I wish I'd taken the time right off when I first began this save, by placing all of the venues I knew I would need. Instead, I only placed a few, then played the game. Now, it seems something has gone awry. I do hope the save itself isn't corrupted. I just don't wish to replay it all over again!
  • "MLadyAzzera;c-17032369" wrote:
    Are you trying to place the lot while in neighborhood view or build mode? Try using either one of these methods instead to see if that works.

Good luck!

Thank you. I'm afraid I tried both already. I tried everything I could think of. My guess is the Gallery is down, or something on that order. I just did a quick check. Apparently, I'm offline. But, I believe I was online when I attempted to place lots. Thanks again to you both!
  • I saw this on Twitter earlier. Perhaps this explains why you were having problems? It's supposedly fixed now though. Are you still having problems?

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1116783643798724608
  • I did better than that. I refreshed my game save and then did a game repair. Still no dice.
  • Are you trying to place the lot while in neighborhood view or build mode? Try using either one of these methods instead to see if that works.

Good luck!
  • "Karababy52;c-17032490" wrote:
    I saw this on Twitter earlier. Perhaps this explains why you were having problems? It's supposedly fixed now though. Are you still having problems?

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1116783643798724608

I never did try it again, yesterday. Here's to today being a better day! Which reminds me, I have to hurry and power up. We have someplace to be later on. Time is running Short! Just checked it out, still can't place lots either from map view or even in build mode on the lot of choice. The only thing I can think of that may have messed me up is I recall adding some files from another Tray I had on my desktop, that wasn't already in the current Tray. Now, I'm not sure how to fix this without losing all of my previous builds? :open_mouth: Boy, sometimes my antics shock me. What was I thinking?
  • update: I changed out my Tray for one of the ones I'd saved prior. All is well. There's something massively wrong in the Tray I had in my folder.
  • @GalacticGal Ah, okay. Glad you got it figured out, but bummer that tray file could be corrupted. That's not good to hear. I have a copy of every Sim/Lot tray file I've ever created, right from the beginning. I've put tray files previously taken out back in the game without any problems. But, they were all more recent files. I wonder what would happen if I tried to put an older file back in, say from 2014 or 2015. There's been a lot of patches since then and I have way more packs. Hopefully it wouldn't cause an issue, but hearing what happened to you makes me wonder.

Anyway, have a great rest of your weekend and Happy Simming! :)

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 5 minutes ago