Forum Discussion

joyofliving37
New Spectator
6 years ago

Celebrity homes being stalked by friends

I've finally gotten around to exploring the fame system in Get Famous. One of my singer sims was already at the top of his career, so I cheated his fame to global superstar. Then I zoomed to the front of his house to see if fans would immediately show up. I was delighted to see three sims outside of his gate taking selfies. But when I looked closer, two of them were a married couple who are best friends with the singer sim and his wife. They were also dressed in that unfortunate tourist outfit that I'm always seeing townies roaming around San Myshuno wearing. You know, the one with the fanny pack, baseball cap, socks and flip flops. :neutral:

So I have two questions:

1) Is there any way to stop sims who are friends with celebrities from spawning outside of the homes of their friends and acting like fanboys/fangirls? It only makes sense that they wouldn't behave this way.

2) Is there a mod that stops played households from changing into the hideous clothing choices that the game forces them into for certain walkbys?

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but is it really too much to ask for our played households to be left alone and only wear the clothes we select for them? My sim couple would NEVER in a million years wear these outfits.

https://i.imgur.com/6n2sgPu.png
  • THIS! I can't even tell you how frustrating it is when someone with a high relationship with my celebrity sim is freaking out when they are in the same room. Sometimes my sims girlfriend (and mother of his child) does the same. When sims attain a certain level of relationship with celebrity sims they should not react. My celebrity sims ex-girlfriend (whom he has a negative relationship with) also starts screaming and fan-girling which is ridiculous since they can't stand each other.
  • @aaronrulz I found a mod! LittleMsSam updated her Random Small Mods a few days ago and included mods for the celebrity issue. There are options where fans, stans and bouncers will only be homeless sims. She also included an option where only fans are affected by posing and other celebrity actions. So DJs and restaurant employees will carry on as usual. I tested it and it seems to be working great.

I started with a famous sim to see how his family would react to him. His wife and son treated him as they normally would. Then he went to the gym in Oasis Springs. All the sims that spawned were from my played households and none of them payed any attention to my famous sim. His young adult daughters came to work out and behaved normally when they talked to him. Then my famous sim went to a restaurant. No one reacted when he posed for the paparazzi because all the sims that spawned were from my played households. Also, the hosts, waiters and cooks continued to do their jobs without being distracted. So then I went to the pool I placed in Oasis Springs. This time there were NPC sims on the lot. Besides the paparazzi, the NPCs were the only ones that reacted to my famous sim, fainting and asking for autographs. Thank you modders! :smiley:

I also found a mod to get rid of the tourist outfits in case they bug you.

LittleMsSam's Random Small Mods
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412396783/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

Bienchen's Tourist Overhaul
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-grossstadtleben/