Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
2 years ago

Clothing optional lot trait

I was a bit surprised when the game got the lot trait "Clothing optional", but as I think it is a fun addition, I quickly planned to build a resort like vacation lot in Sulani. However, there's so many things I did not yet get to in this game, and I still have neither built that resort nor tested the new lot trait once. Has it been two years?

Well, what I would like to learn a bit about before building, is whether the lot trait works intentionally. Is it something that feel to random, and is worm out quickly? Or would it be a fun concept making a clothing optional resort, community lot with small bungalows or a hotel building? I will know what sim owns and "run" the place, but I will need to imagine a lot. Another hotel I had categorized as a restaurant, and it still has the hotel vibe, and the restaurant podium makes sure the lobby is busy most of the time. But a beach resort might feel differently - would it be better using another community lot category? Might be too much of a good thing if visiting a restaurant if 50% of the guests - and perhaps even the chef - are naked... I won't necessarily send Agnes Crumplebottom there, though...

I understand that "clothing optional" makes random sims visit nude(?), while others will attend with clothes on. Is this based on personality/traits? Or is the "feature" restricted to sunbathing?

If anyone tried this in the past, how well did it work?