Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Cottage Living: Wild Rabbit Concern

The wild rabbits in Cottage Living are cute. But I have one concern and two question about them when they are befriend enough to hang around the lot.
Question 1: Will the wild rabbits that hang around the lot get into the garden?
Question 2: If they do get in the garden, will they start eating plants that are in the garden?
    rlc77
    Seasoned Newcomer
    The rabbits are not pets like cats and dogs, but you can befriend them and if you do they can help you in the garden.
  • Yes, it did say that if you are friendly with them they will help in your garden and leave you gifts. Maybe if you piss them off, they will eat your plants instead. :wink:
  • "CelSims;c-17908280" wrote:
    I hope they will eat the plants, at least if our sims are mean to them. That's what rabbits do. I'm speaking from experience of having a small warren behind my shed. I love seeing them around and willingly pay the price for it, but this notion of cute bunnies helping is a bit grating if there is no possible repercussions.

Lol, the mentioning of rabbits helping with the garden really made me chuckle, going by my pet rabbits their way of "helping" is really more destructive than anything....but if you ever need someone to digg out all your plants and building tunnelsystem underneath the garden (to also eat the roots of any plants), rabbits will be on it ;) so, I am interested to see how they'll actually help in game...maybe they'll eat the weeds off of plants?
  • "sunman502;c-17908360" wrote:
    "GirafHuntr;c-17907830" wrote:
    Yes, it did say that if you are friendly with them they will help in your garden and leave you gifts. Maybe if you ❤️❤️❤️❤️ them off, they will eat your plants instead. :wink:

I believe that it was said that you feed them in order to befriend the bunnies. But what happens if you befriend them and forget to feed them? Which is why it gave rise to my concern and the questions.

Actually, on the community page of collected info SimGuruRomeo is quoted as saying you don't feed the bunnies and birds, and that they are self-sufficient. Maybe you can give them treats in the wild to win them over, but you don't have to care for them when they hang out on your lot.
  • "sunman502;d-990737" wrote:
    The wild rabbits in Cottage Living are cute. But I have one concern and two question about them when they are befriend enough to hang around the lot.
    Question 1: Will the wild rabbits that hang around the lot get into the garden?
    Question 2: If they do get in the garden, will they start eating plants that are in the garden?

They portrayed them as pets in the trailer, don't think they will ruin the gardens even if they eat some plants.
  • "GirafHuntr;c-17907830" wrote:
    Yes, it did say that if you are friendly with them they will help in your garden and leave you gifts. Maybe if you ❤️❤️❤️❤️ them off, they will eat your plants instead. :wink:

I believe that it was said that you feed them in order to befriend the bunnies. But what happens if you befriend them and forget to feed them? Which is why it gave rise to my concern and the questions.
  • "RavenSpit;c-17908368" wrote:
    "CelSims;c-17908280" wrote:
    I hope they will eat the plants, at least if our sims are mean to them. That's what rabbits do. I'm speaking from experience of having a small warren behind my shed. I love seeing them around and willingly pay the price for it, but this notion of cute bunnies helping is a bit grating if there is no possible repercussions.

Lol, the mentioning of rabbits helping with the garden really made me chuckle, going by my pet rabbits their way of "helping" is really more destructive than anything....but if you ever need someone to digg out all your plants and building tunnelsystem underneath the garden (to also eat the roots of any plants), rabbits will be on it ;) so, I am interested to see how they'll actually help in game...maybe they'll eat the weeds off of plants?

I would like to know what all they will do in the game. In my OP, having them hang around the farm and maybe help out in the garden from time to time on top hopping around and looking cute and all sounds a little boring to me. But I don't want them to eat pretty every plant in my sim's garden either. But there must be a darker side to these cute little bunnies in the game. I just thought of something funny, Kung-Fu bunnies! Or better yet, Ninja bunnies! Maybe SimGuruNinja will change their avi to a bunny with a ninja mask on. That would be cool! But still I can stand them eating one or two plants in my sim's garden, but not the entire garden.
  • "GirafHuntr;c-17908413" wrote:
    "sunman502;c-17908360" wrote:
    "GirafHuntr;c-17907830" wrote:

Actually, on the community page of collected info SimGuruRomeo is quoted as saying you don't feed the bunnies and birds, and that they are self-sufficient. Maybe you can give them treats in the wild to win them over, but you don't have to care for them when they hang out on your lot.

That's what I meant by feeding them. But what I want to know is how will they react if you stop giving them treats. Will they turn on the sims by getting into the garden and start eating all the plants? Or will they just stop helping out in the garden or stop leaving gifts behind?