Forum Discussion

bruceleroy98
New Rookie
23 hours ago

Do you think NPC deaths will be more meaningful now?

It would be cool if an NPC dies that there would be a game generated funeral and placement at a graveyard. 

Do you think we will be able to finally locate death sites of NPCs that die randomly. 

It's a pain getting those spirit notifications when you have no clue how to find an npc...especially if they are not in the world i.e. household less.

• I think it will. I just hope that we can do a few things with the graves. I actually wrote this whole thing about a pack such as this last year in August. Here is an excerpt  

• Grave Interactions 
      • Grave Tending - can be cleaned and weeds pulled
      • Historically minded Sims can do rubbings of the grave. Like they do in really old cemeteries around Boston
      • Knock - Let's Play Wake the Dead 
      • Beloved Pet Dogs will sometimes visit the gravestones of their family members and howl
      • Dogs who didn't like the deceased Sim will pee on the Gravestone 
      • Laying Flowers
        • Bouquets of Roses  
        • Calla Lily (White) 
        • Single Rose (Black, Pink, Red, or White) 
      • Mourn
      • Sims can leave tokens at graves
        • Candles
        • Coins
        • Dolls
        • Flower - Bouquet or Single Flower
        • Nectar Bottles
      •  You can write an Epitaph
  • Yes, especially since I'll be conducting them in my game.

Total control. No mercy. 

jpkarlsen
    Seasoned Adventurer

It is very unlikely that NPCs will be buried in the graveyard. Look at it this way the graveyard will have a finite number of free graves which means that if the NPCs were buried there they will soon fill up so there are no room for your loved ones. I'm not sure graveyards will be added to basegame as most existing worlds have very few vacant lots and unless there are several different sizes of graveyards some worlds might not have a suitable free lot.
    But we will have to wait and see.

• I really hope so! I think it would make a lot of sense. I know space is limited, so maybe being able to "swap out" or organize the graves so we choose whose graves are there would be a good option. Also, I think it would make the graveyards better, as it wouldn't just be our Sims mourning other played Sims.

bruceleroy98
      New Rookie

Right if an NPC dies, at least invite me to the funeral or gravesite. We can relocate the grave if needed on our own but at least give us the opportunity to locate the dead friend.

SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Hotshot

I wouldn't mind if Agnes Comberbottom was finally able to pass away.  She's the meanest sim ever.  Even poor Greg the Werewolf wouldn't stand a chance with her.