Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Driving the Maid Crazy!

I'm playing a successful novelist's home now. He recently published a book, and he and his wife invited the Writer's Guild over to their mansion to celebrate. The Guild activities include reading, and the club has 8 members. So I have 8 sims all getting books from the bookshelves, putting them down on the table, and getting up again. The maid is there, and she's frantically trying to pick up all the books and put them away. It's a losing battle. Each time she picks one up, the sims bring two more, it seems. It's funny to watch, but I'm starting to feel sorry for her. LOL
  • LOL, I had hired a maid once (a long time ago) and she kept taking my coffee pot :D

On a side note, I would prefer the maid pick up the books and go crazy then my actual sims :D
  • "FairyGodMother;c-17058092" wrote:
    LOL, I had hired a maid once (a long time ago) and she kept taking my coffee pot :D

On a side note, I would prefer the maid pick up the books and go crazy then my actual sims :D

The maid finally said she was finished and walked out -- and there are still books everywhere! They're all over the floors and all over the tables. Worse yet, he has "free services" so the poor maid didn't even get paid.

I'd forgotten about maids often being kleptomaniacs. Either I've been lucky not to have anything taken, or maybe I've just never noticed :)

EDITED: Typo!
  • "NoWayJose527;c-17058103" wrote:
    "FairyGodMother;c-17058092" wrote:
    LOL, I had hired a maid once (a long time ago) and she kept taking my coffee pot :D

The maid finally said she was finished and walked out -- and there are still books everywhere! They're all over the floors and all over the tables. Worse yet, he has "free services" so the poor maid didn't even get paid.

I'd forgotten about maids often being kleptomaniacs. Either I've been lucky not to have anything taken, or maybe I've just never noticed :)

EDITED: Typo!

Don't feel sorry about the maid not getting paid! She gets her wage from her employer and I bet with every client with the "free services" perk they raise their prices for the paying clients ;)