Forum Discussion

OldeSimsFan
Rising Rookie
3 years ago

Enough with the uncomfortable with house decor!

Is there a cheat and/or mod that eliminates the uncomfortable response, often for several hours, just because a sim's house is not a palace? Am getting annoyed with sims always being uncomfortable just because they live in nice, if ordinary homes. Am not about to waste valuable RL time hunting for walls, floors, furnishings, etc. just to boost room/house scores. Even EA's own selectable rooms are responded to badly. :(
    cyncie
    Seasoned Veteran
    A lot of times, when my sims get that moodlet, it's because something is unfinished in the build, like missing wallpaper or flooring or something like that. Basic builds generally get the "decorated" moodlet if you put a few paintings or wall decorations up. More expensive items bump up the happiness. If you have a sim with the "snob" trait, they'll react more strongly to the less expensively decorated houses.
  • Thank you for the things to check. Will keep them in mind. Builds are complete as near as I can tell. I tend to be sparse on decorating, keeping things simple and functional. No snobs. What makes me wonder is that the installation on the older machine that stops at University does not have the issue, while the one on the new machine that is up to date other than most kits and Batu the sims whine constantly. My build/decorating style has not changed one machine to the other. There seems to have been an unwise coding change.

• What does the moodlet say? Doesn't it tell you what is causing it? The only time I get that is when I put in the cheapest or used furniture and my Sims get an uncomfortable moodlet after using the objects. There is a very cheap shower and a bed that has an uncomfortable effect, but there is a similar item that don't have it. It says "uncomfortable" in the item description. Check your beds, showers, sinks, stoves and ovens.

I really like this feature lol. My University students or unemployed Sims get all the cheap, used furniture and are always uncomfortable until they gain enough mechanical skill to upgrade the items or can buy a better model, but there are only a few objects that do this actually. I think we got a few uncomfortable, used furniture with the University pack.
  • Uncomfortable +1, usually walls and floors, there is no cheap stuff in my builds/decoration of EA houses- generally mid-range or higher. This happens even when all rooms are from the build mode room select tab, and not the dumpy ones, either. A proper response would be no response.
  • That's too bad. I wonder if it's a bug. The only other thing I can think of that's causing the moodlet response is if your Sim has a color disliked and the floor or walls are in that color? I haven't used the color preferences in my game, but I noticed it got randomly added a few times when I went in CAS to pick a new outfit and so I deleted them. Maybe check in CAS for color likes/dislikes
  • I would not be surprised if it's a bug. EA is good at making those. It could also be an over compensation. I vaguely remember fussing however long ago in the forums about sims being way too happy about how nice their houses are. EA might have decided to deal with it and went too far. As in how they dealt with complaints about vampires.

I don't use color likes/dislikes, but one never knows. Something to check, thank you. It appears a cheat/mod is the only hope, assuming one exists.